Geek. Poser. Jock. Beauty Queen. Wannabe. These are the labels that can last a lifetime. With an unforgettable rock score from Tony Award-winning composer, Jason Robert Brown, (Parade, The Last Five Years, Bridges of Madison County) 13 is a musical about fitting in – and standing out!
Evan Goldman is plucked from his fast-paced, preteen New York City life and plopped into a sleepy Indiana town following his parents divorce. Surrounded by an array of simpleminded middle school students, he needs to establish his place in the popularity pecking order. Can he situate himself on a comfortable link of the food chain... or will he dangle at the end with the outcasts?!? A hilarious, coming-of-age musical about discovering that "cool" is sometimes where we least expect it.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFO:
CAST PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
- October 26 @ 7pm — BLUE CAST
- October 27 @ 7pm — RED CAST
- October 28 @ 2pm — BLUE CAST
- October 28 @ 7pm — RED CAST
- October 29 @ 2pm — RED CAST
- October 29 @ 7pm — BLUE CAST
This production features some mature content and themes (bullying, puberty, teenage romance), and language that may not be suitable for all audience members.
PUBLIC HEALTH POLICIES
At this time, masks are optional for all patrons. ACT and the performance venue reserve the right to adapt this policy as needed. Advance notice will be provided to all patrons of any updates to the public health policies in place for this production.
Seating is by General Admission only. Doors will open 30 minutes prior to showtime. It will not be possible to reserve or hold specific seats in advance.
All sales are final. Exchanges cannot be guaranteed.
Minuteman High School
Arlington Children’s Theatre (ACT) is dedicated to creating quality theatrical events, workshops, and experiences that educate, inspire, and enrich the lives of children ages 7-18, their families, and the community. We produce a variety of plays and musicals each season and offer exciting workshops and vacation day programs that center on the educational process and the theatrical and interpersonal development of each individual participant.
ACT’s Mission Statement:
- ACT embraces by opening its doors to all who wish to participate regardless of background, experience, or ability.
- ACT enriches by providing a safe, welcoming space where children can be exposed to new experiences, different points of view, and challenged beyond their current selves.
- ACT educates formally through its workshops, programs and high-quality productions led by staff with years of experience and dedication to theatre. ACT also educates informally by helping give children the freedom to express themselves, and develop the communication, teamwork, and conflict resolution skills necessary to see a complex production with many personalities come to life.
- ACT entertains by creating excellent, professional-looking and -sounding productions that everyone can enjoy and be proud of: the ACTors, their parents, the artistic staff, and the local community.
- ACT encourages by supporting everyone in the ACT community and teaching them to be resilient, humble, and to persevere.