2020 ASCE Idaho Civil Engineering Conference
Mar 24, 2020 9:00 AM - Mar 25, 2020 1:00 PM
Boise State University Student Union Building
1700 West University Drive, Boise, ID
Registration is now OPEN for the 2nd Annual ASCE Idaho Civil Engineering Conference!
Registration ends March 20th.
Last year's conference was a huge success with over 100 engineers in attendance and 24 PDHs offered. This two day conference is the largest event held by the Southern Idaho Section (SIS) of ASCE and co-hosted by the Boise State Civil Engineering Department. Civil Engineers from all disciplines, public and private sector, and students and faculty from Idaho and the surrounding states are welcome to attend.
The conference will feature technical sessions and presentations for every discipline of Civil Engineering as well as the Annual SIS Outstanding Civil Engineering Awards Banquet. This conference is an excellent opportunity to discover new technical knowledge, hear about interesting case studies on projects where you live and work, network with other Civil Engineers, and visit with vendors and learn about their cutting edge products and services.
This is the premier Idaho Civil Engineering event of the year and you don't want to miss it!
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS ANNOUNCED!
- US 12 Fish Creek Bridge Replacement; Janet Zarate, PE (Idaho Transportation Department)
- Modernizing & Revitalizing Nampa's Transportation Infrastructure; Jeff Barnes, PE (City of Nampa)
- Instream Flow Enhancement on the Methow; Gary Ashby, PE (Forsgren Associates, Inc.)
- Healing the Scars of Past Planning Projects; Molly Loucks, PE (Burgess & Niple)
- A Precast Pier System for Accelerated Bridge Construction; Jared Cantrell (Idaho State University)
- ASCE Geo-Institute Presentation
- Extended Joint Spacing Technology; Dr. Charles Nmai, PE, M.ASCE, FACI (BASF Corporation)
- Design and Construction of California’s First Cable Stayed Vehicular Bridge; Steve MacLennan, PE (WSP USA)
- Box Culverts; Randy Wahlen, PE (Oldcastle Infrastructure)
- Foundation Features, Materials and Functionality; Matthew Roblez, SE (McNeil Engineering)
- Tips and Tricks for Designing a Successful and Rewarding Career in Engineering; Ron Manning, PE (SPF Water Engineering)
- EDC – Safe Transportation for Every Pedestrian; Amanda LaMott, PE (LHTAC)
- US 12 & 21st Street Intersection – Lewiston, ID; Trevor Howard and Mike Seely (Horrocks Engineers)
- Billings Signal Retiming Project; Yi-Min, PE and Andy Daleiden, PE (Kittelson & Associates, Inc.)
- Using Surface Heat-Reflective Coatings to Mitigate the Urban Heat Island Effects for Cool Pavement; Yang Lu, PhD, PE (Boise State University)
- Emerging Renewal Technologies for Pressurized Pipeline; Brad Conder, PE (Aegion Corporation)
- When the Ship Hits the Span: Mathews Bridge Emergency Repairs; Jeff Hunter, PE (Burgess & Niple)
- A Disaster Response Complex for Training Emergency Responders in Idaho; Dan Garz and Uma Shanker (Idaho State University)
- Engineering Ethics; George Murgel, PhD, PE (HECO Engineers)
This year's conference will take place March 24th - 25th, 2020 at the Boise State University Student Union Building.
The annual SIS Outstanding Civil Engineering Awards Banquet will take place on Wednesday at lunch.
Due to the overwhelmingly positive
feedback we received regarding the Casino Night Happy Hour Event,
we're bringing it back for 2020. Happy hour will take place on Tuesday Night and consist of appetizers, beverages (cash bar) and fun casino games including
Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, and more!
Sponsorship Opportunities: Companies can help support the conference by signing up for
sponsorship opportunities. Sponsoring the conference helps keep the cost of
attendance low for engineers and students while offering
high quality technical content and attendee perks. Please ask your
company if they would be interested sponsoring this year's event. There are
several sponsorship opportunities available to fit every budget and available for purchase on this site. Please email
Grae Harper at email@example.com with sponsorship questions.
- Breakfast Sponsor
- Lunch Sponsor
- Lunch Banquet Sponsor
- Casino Happy Night Sponsor
- Coffee and Snack Sponsor
Engineering Awards Nominations: Did you or one of your colleagues complete a project in
2019 that represents the best of Civil Engineering in the Southern Idaho area?
Do you know an engineer that deserves recognition for their leadership,
research, and/or career accomplishments? Apply for one of the SIS Annual
Outstanding Civil Engineering awards! Applications will be sent out to ASCE members in January. Please email Section Vice President Dan
Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org with awards questions. Award Applications due February 21st.
- 2019 Southern Idaho Section Engineer of the Year (+8 years)
- 2019 Southern Idaho Section Young Engineer of the Year (1-8 years)
- Project of the Year Completed in 2019 (<$10 million)
- Project of the Year Completed in 2019 (>$10 million)
Vendors: At the heart of the conference is the tradeshow, where businesses can host a vendor booth, network with engineers, and make new business connections. Visit the vendor registration site HERE for more information including instructions on how to register for the tradeshow and take advantage of sponsorship opportunities.
Recording of Sessions: Video and audio recording of any educational session is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from both ASCE and the session presenter(s).
Photograph Release: By submitting the registration form, I hereby release any photographs that may be incidentally taken of me during these events by ASCE to be used for any purpose.
Liability Waiver: In submitting this registration, I acknowledge and agree that I am undertaking to participate in the Conference activities as my own voluntary and intentional act. I agree that I alone am responsible for determining whether I am physically capable of participating in any Conference activity, and I understand that there is risk associated with my participation, which may include without limitation, injury or loss caused by my own negligence or the negligence of others. With knowledge and acceptance of the risks involved, I accept full responsibility for my own safety and well-being. In consideration of my participation in Conference activities, I hereby waive, release, hold harmless, and discharge ASCE and its officers, directors, and employees from any and all loss or injury that may be suffered by me in connection with Conference activities to the fullest extent permitted by law.
ADA Compliance: If you require special assistance at the conference, please submit a written description of your requirements with your registration form or email email@example.com. While ASCE will make every effort to meet the needs of the disabled, accommodations cannot be guaranteed without prior notification.
Payment Information: Acceptable forms of payment include VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover Card.
Cancellation/Refunds: Cancellations must be received by ASCE in writing. A full refund minus processing fees will be issued if the cancellation notice is received before the cancellation deadline of February 28th, 2020. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after the cancellation deadline. Send cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org.