The Alaskan Scottish Club is a non-profit organization established to promote the Scottish culture, heritage and teachings to the people of Alaska. We achieve this through events, workshops, concerts and other social gatherings in Alaska throughout the year. Visit alaskanscottish.org for more information.
Registration is now closed (Closed May 31st, 2021)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT AD JENI MCDANIEL JENI@ALASKANSCOTTISH.ORG or 602-359-4893
The Alaska Scottish Highland Games is back and we will now feature 2 days of Heavy Events! Throwing order is determined by first to enter last to throw in all classes and events, so sign-up soon! Registration includes admission for the athlete for BOTH Saturday and Sunday, general admission tickets need to be purchased for additional attendees that arrive with athletes.
2021 Heavy Event Classes:
- Men’s Amateur A Entry Fee: $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Men's Amateur B Entry Fee: $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Men's Amateur C (NOVICE) Entry Fee: $35.00 - 15 Spots
- Men's Lightweight < 200lbs Entry Fee: $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Men's Masters 40+ Entry Fee $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Men's Masters 50+ Entry Fee $35.00 – 12 Spots
- Men's Masters 60-69 Entry Fee $20.00 - 6 Spots
- Men’s Masters 70+Entry Fee $20.00 – 6 spots
- Women's Amateur A Entry Fee: $35.00 - 6 Spots
- Women's Amateur B Entry Fee: $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Women's Amateur C (NOVICE) Entry Fee: $35.00 - 15 Spots
- Women's Lightweight < 150lbs Entry Fee: $35.00 - 12 Spots
- Women's Masters Entry Fee: $35.00 - 6 Spots
- Junior’s 12-14 (Boys and Girls) Entry Fee: $15.00 – 12 Spots **NEW CLASS**
- Junior’s 15-17 (Boys and Girls) Entry Fee: $15.00 – 12 Spots **NEW CLASS**
*If this is your first Highland Games or your first year throwing, WELCOME! You will register in the C (Novice) Class. If you are still unsure of what class you should register for please contact Athletic Director Jeni McDaniel, at email@example.com or 602-359-4893 before registering.
*We will not be hosting a Invitational Pro Class in 2021. We hope to present a Invitational Pro Class in 2022, an application process will begin in January of 2022 for those spots.
Athletic groups will be split in the following groups each day:
Saturday June 26th: Men’s A, Women’s A, Men’s Lightweight, Women’s Lightweight, Men’s Masters 50-59, Men’s Masters 60-69, Men’s Master 70+ and Junior’s 15-17
Sunday June 27th : Men’s B, Women’s B, Men’s C, Women’s C, Men’s Master 40-49, Women’s Masters, and Junior’s 12-14
Athletes are welcome to throw both days if there is a class they qualify for each day. If you are only throwing one day, please consider volunteering the day you are not throwing. We need Judges, Markers and Shaggers!
Additional Event Registrations Include:
Challenge Stone (Men (15 spots) and Women (15 spots)) Entry Fee: $15.00
- Annual Parman Throwing Clinic: Unfortunately, this year Jim Parman will not be able to coach the clinic, but we will be have Highland Games legend, Larry Brock filling it and coaching the clinic. 6/19 & 6/20 1-5pm Finger Lake Elementary School in Wasilla Entry Fee: $45.00 - 25 Spots
- Highland Games Crash Course coached by Scott Farr: 5/8 9-5pm location in Anchorage: TBD. All Events covered in One Day-this is great for those new to the sport and everyone who just needs to knock the rust off. Fee: FREE (But registration is required) - 30 spots
- Highland Games intro to Junior Throwers (age 12-17) coached by Scott Farr: We are currently working to add clinic dates and times. If you are interested please contact Jeni to be added to the list. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weekly Event Workshops coached by Scott Farr: A great way to fine tune your throwing skills. These workshops will focus on a single event each week. Workshops will be held from 1-5pm Entry Fee: $15.00/per week - 20 spots/per week
- May 15th (Stones) Anchorage @ South Anchorage Sports Complex
- May 22nd (Weights) Palmer/Wasilla @ Finger Lake Elementary
- May 29th (Hammers) Kenai TBD
- June 5th (WOB and Caber) Anchorage @ South Anchorage Sports Complex
- June 12th (Sheaf) Palmer/Wasilla @ Finger Lake Elementary
*Athletes can register to only participate in Challenge Stone and Throwing Clinic without competing in the Heavy Events*
COVID-19 Mitigation Plan: For the Alaskan Scottish Club to be able to host the games this year a COVID mitigation plan was developed. For athletics the following is required: You will be required to wear a mask between events if social distancing (at least 6ft) from the crowd or other athletes is not available. Mask will be required in the athletic tent area, we will be expanding the area this year to allow for more social distancing amongst everyone. You are also free to set up your own tent along the back fence line of the field. Masks do not need to be worn when you are at your event trigs, but please practice social distancing when on the athletic fields and event trigs. Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Athletic Areas and Sanitizing wipes will be available at each trig. Please be courteous to your fellow athletes, judges, staff and volunteers!
Customized athletic shirts: THESE SHIRTS ARE NOT AVAILBLE FOR SALE INDIVDUALLY. This is only to customize the shirt included with your athletic registration. Shirts with your name or nickname on the back are available for $8.00. All personalization will be reviewed by the Athletic Director for appropriateness and limited to 12 characters maximum. Please add this option from the Registration Options. This year athletes will also have the choice between T-Shirt or Sleeveless Shirts for their athletic shirt. There is no additional charge for this and you can make your selection at check-out.
There will be no field entries accepted for Heavy Events. Challenge Stone registrations will be accepted on the day of games if space is still available.
Due to the growing size of our athletics, the Farmer's Walk will no longer be offered as an event on the Athletic field at the end of the day. The Farmer's walk will now be part of the Strongman competition which will be taking place on Sunday!
For the Official Alaska Scottish Highland Games Heavy Events Competition Information and Rules please visit http://www.alaskanscottish.org/highland-games
Questions? Contact Athletic Director, Jeni McDaniel at email@example.com or 602-359-4893
Date & Time
Jun 26, 2021 8:00 AM - Jun 27, 2021 5:00 PM
Alaska Scottish Highland Games
2075 Glenn Highway, Palmer, Alaska, 99645, United States