Raptor Academy- Individual Virtual Classes ($40)
Don’t have time to take an entire course? Join us for these hour-long virtual classes covering a wide variety of topics. Classes are offered on an individual basis and occur once a month. Each class is 60 minutes long, followed by a Q&A session.
- Classes are the second Friday of the month (July 2022-December 2022) from 4:00-5:30 pm EST.
- Each class is $40, which includes a recording of the class.
- No refunds within 14 days of the first class.
- CEUs are available for IATCB. Please contact us for more information.
**Group rates are available for groups with 3 or more people. Discounts available for taking all 6 classes. For more information, please email us**
**NEW** CLASS SCHEDULE 2022
- July 8 - Exercise, Evaluation, and Release
- This course will outline the basics of housing, including enclosure design, and the process of exercising raptors in flight enclosures. We will also cover the evaluation of flight in birds for release, briefly touch on other factors to consider before release and discuss how to plan a successful release.
- August 12 - Raptor Welfare
- This course will help participants evaluate and improve the welfare of ambassador raptors through training, husbandry, medical care, and ambassador selection. We will discuss some of our successful case studies and how changes in welfare inspired the evolution of Carolina Raptor Center’s conservation messaging.
- September 9 - Intake Exam
- This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to complete an intake exam on a wild bird. From supplies to best practices for bird’s welfare, this class will cover a wide range of things to consider when admitting birds into your facility.
- October 14 – Renesting
- This course will cover the basics of renesting raptors. It will focus on the overall concepts but will also go into more situation-based scenarios for different species and ages. It will touch on the tools needed to start a renesting program.
- November 11 - Orphan Care
- This course is a basic course in rehabilitating “orphan” raptors. From identifying and aging to rehabilitation techniques, this course will cover from intake to group living.
- December 9 – Anatomy
- This course is designed to help you become familiar with raptor anatomy. In learning raptor anatomy, you will be able to identify abnormalities and provide exceptional welfare for birds in your care.
Date & Time
Jul 8 - Dec 9, 2022