Immerse yourself in this day-long course to take your rope skills from good to great! Instructor Shibari Shawn (Seattle) and ellliot (LA) will guide participants through bondage principles, tying technique and advanced floor ties. This is a hands-on course – each segment includes ample practice time with one-on-one instruction available. Curriculum includes:
- Check Your Technique: Honing rope flow & hand movements to master your column ties
- Tension & Flow: Ladder ties on arms & legs
- Building a Tie: Frictions - Stems - Bands - Weaves…. Mixing & matching to build effective chest, hip & leg harnesses
- Tie a Person, not a Parcel: Incorporating sensuality into rope play
Pre-requisites: rope tops must be comfortable tying box ties (TK harnesses), columns and frictions. Attendees will receive pre-class homework to ensure everyone arrives on a similar page and we can hit the ground running.
One ticket is for a pair: one rope top & one rope bottom must arrive pre-paired, no “spare” rope bottoms will be available. Instruction will be applicable to all bodies; rope subs of all shapes & genders are welcome!
- Rope not provided. Participants are expected to have at least four (4) 8m/30’ hanks of hemp, jute, POSH or equivalent fiber. Nylon, cotton or polyester rope discouraged. [Bundles of four (4) 30’ hanks of jute rope are available for $100.]
- Lunch not provided. Break is from 2p-3p. Delivery order can be coordinated during orientation.
THIS IS A ONE DAY CLASS – Attendance is strictly limited to TEN (10) tying pairs to ensure ample one-on-one instruction is available. The same material will be covered on both Saturday and Sunday to allow more people to participate.
Shibari Shawn: shibarishawnb2bk (IG) / ToKnotty (Tw) / bound2bKNOTTY (FetLife)
As a professional in adult education and an experienced rigger (rope bondage top), Shawn develops curriculum that builds participants’ skills & acumen that can be applied well beyond the classroom. Since 2016, Shawn has attended workshops & renowned events across the country: Iowa Friction, Studio Friction (Denver), VoxBody (Oakland), RopeBurn (San Francisco), RopeCraft (Chicago), G.R.U.E. (Wisconsin), and Meet the Master: Hajime Kinoko (Australia). He developed the Homer Shibari Dojo in Homer, Alaska, where he started teaching introductory & intermediate level courses to rope enthusiasts. After moving to Seattle in 2020, he’s built a robust rope curriculum with the Seattle Leather Service Corps.
From tying his stuffed giraffe during the pandemic to seizing opportunities to learn from riggers all over the world, ellliot (Clinton) has developed a passion for both performing intense & artistic rope suspension scenes as well as teaching the basic components of rope work in a manner that equips students to safely & securely tie up their next play partner. You can find him teaching Rope 101 at 910 WeHo events like Entrance & Arrivals; Clinton also organizes Can You Knot? - a monthly event at 910 WeHo for men who tie men.
Where is 910 WeHo?
910 N La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles 90069
Where can I park?
There is street parking, meter parking, and even parking structures within walking distance. We recommend using the residential side streets for free parking, as there are many near our building. If you need special arrangements due to a disability, please get in touch with us at email@example.com so we can help accommodate you!
Are there age restrictions on attendance?
Yes, all attendees must be 18 years of age or older to enter 910 WeHo events. Valid government-issued Photo ID will be required for entry. Anyone under 18 found in the venue will be immediately removed.
Got questions? Comments? Concerns? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
At 910 WeHo, we are dedicated to ensuring the safety and security of our guests and staff during this pandemic. To ensure the maximum safety for everyone at our events, we will be practicing the following guidelines:
- Vaccination Requirement: Only vaccinated individuals are allowed to attend our in-person events. You must bring proof of your full vaccination upon arrival.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is strongly encouraged while attending this event, especially for those who are not part of the same pod. Seating is designed specifically with social distancing in mind.
- Masks: Masks are optional at vaccinated-only events, but they can be provided upon request
- Call Outs/Refunds: Refunds will be given in full to guests who call out sick before arriving at the event. Guests who arrive ill may qualify for a partial refund. No refunds will be provided on-site if an individual does not comply with these policies or shows up unvaccinated.
- Hand Sanitizer Use: We kindly encourage all guests to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting our facility. For your safety and convenience, sanitizer is available throughout the premises.
- Occupancy Guidelines Upholding CDC Guidelines: Our occupancy limits will reflect current CDC occupancy policies so that everyone is as safe as possible while enjoying this event!
910 WeHo will refund the cost of your ticket in credit form that will be sent to your email (not the fee) if a refund is requested for an event or class. Once the event or class has begun, 910 WeHo does not guarantee refunds, although you may still request a refund, and we may choose to grant it at our discretion. If you know you will not be able to attend, please request a refund early by contacting us at email@example.com! Thank you!