About the Event:
Calling all rope enthusiasts – riggers and bunnies, tops and bottoms, and of course switches! Come one, come all to 910WeHo's Rope Lab and Social, hosted by Sir Fin and Chris Mattress. This Rope Lab is a space for anyone who is looking to take the next step in their rope journey, featuring:
- Over 3,500 sq ft of space suitable for floor work, as well as 5 hard points and our unique "jungle gym" suitable for suspensions in the main room
- Our two hosts plus guest instructors who will be available to lead participants in learning new ties/skills, ranging from beginner to more advanced levels
- Rope suspension demo by Sir Fin
- Rope care workshop by Chris Mattress
This event is for you if you want to:
- Learn a new tie from our hosts, or get help from experienced instructors with ties you're working on
- Skill-share with fellow rope enthusiasts
- Lab, practice, and improve ties you’ve been working on
- Meet and socialize with other rope folks
- Watch some kick-ass demos, including suspensions
- Just have fun with rope!
While it is usually helpful to have a tying partner, participants are not required to be paired to attend this event. Participants are welcome to come and self-tie, or to learn ties that can be done on the self from our instructors. There may be some opportunity for solo bottoms to get tied by an instructor, as well. And of course, participants are encouraged to socialize, so you might just find a new tying partner while you're here!
Please be sure to bring:
- Rope! Rope is not provided for participants at this event. Although we may have a very limited about of rope available to borrow, it is expected that attendees will bring their own rope.
- A cutting tool. As always when doing rope bondage, please be sure to have a safe cutting tool (such as EMT shears or a seatbelt cutter) easily within the rope top/rigger's reach at all times when tying. We may have a very limited number of safety shears on hand to borrow or buy, but cannot guarantee availability.
- Mats/Blankets (optional). While some will be provided, feel free to bring your own yoga mats or blankets to tie on if you prefer.
About the Instructors:
Fin began his rope bondage journey in 2006 (before Google was a thing and before YouTube even existed) the same way as everyone else in those days: Learning everything on the playground. Today, after extensive training, many photo shoots and public performances, and several professional credits including a 10 page spread in Hustlers Taboo magazine, Fin loves teaching kinbaku almost as much as he loves doing it.
Chris started with rope in early 2015 at Lair De Sade's Wednesday night class and began volunteering at Club Awakening teaching basic rope bondage in late 2017. He has a passion for showing people how rope play works.
When do the doors open?
Doors will open at 1PM. Doors will close at 4:00 PM. Arriving after 4:00 PM does not entitle you to a refund.
Will there be food and beverage available?
Yes, snacks and beverages are complimentary!
Will there be alcohol available?
No, alcohol is not allowed at this event.
Can I store my toy bags somewhere?
There is a closet where you can leave your belongings.
Is there a dress code?
We have no offical dress code inside the building, but please be respectful outside and make sure you have dressed appropriately for the streets.
We have clean, gender-neutral bathrooms, one on each floor.
Where is 910 WeHo?
910 N La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles 90069
Where can I park?
There is street parking, meter parking, and even parking structures within walking distance. We recommend using the residential side streets for free parking, as there are many near our building. If you need special arrangements due to a disability, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help accommodate you!
Are there age restrictions on attendance?
Yes, all attendees must be 18 years of age or older to enter 910 WeHo events. Valid government-issued Photo ID will be required for entry. Anyone under 18 found in the venue will be immediately removed.
Got questions? Comments? Concerns? Contact us at email@example.com!
910 WeHo will refund the cost of your ticket in credit form that will be sent to your email (not the fee) if a refund is requested for an event or class. Once the event or class has begun, 910 WeHo does not guarantee refunds, although you may still request a refund and we may choose to grant it at our discretion. If you know you will not be able to attend, please request a refund early by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you!