ASKING FOR MONEY
A PRO Masterclass on Steps for Producers and Writers to Find Funders
Led by industry expert Meredith Lucio
Oftentimes, the hardest part of beginning to produce, is understanding how to ask for money for your projects while cultivating a database of donors or investors. Asking for Money with Meredith Lucio will address some of the big questions an early career producer, or artist producing their own work might have as they embark on fundraising for their project or company.
This course will teach attendants to:
- Understand the differences and similarities between donors and investors and how those categories impact your ask.
- Understand the basics of the financial and legal structures of your ask.
- Identify where your investors/donors might be.
- Identify traits of your project that makes your ask unique and compelling.
- Learn how to discover what your potential donor/investor needs/wants out of this arrangement.
- What's their number? Determine how much to ask from any donor/investor.
- Deliver results regardless of the financial outcome of the endeavor.
- Cultivate and continue relationships with donors/investors.
The event will conclude with opportunities for in-person attendees to socialize and network.
In Person Tickets: $30 if purchased before 6/26, $40 if purchased 6/27 or after
Online Seminar Tickets: $40
Meredith Lucio - is a commercial and non-profit producer in New York City. Upcoming: In Corpo, a world premiere musical with The Assembly at Theatre Row, June 27-July 8th, 2023. Recently, Meredith general managed SuperYou!, a musical concert at Carnegie Hall and directed the audio drama Bad People by Kati Schwartz now available on iTunes and Audible. Other productions include: The Lightning Thief; the Percy Jackson Musical (Broadway, National Tour), The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess (Tony Award, Best Revival) Bedlam's productions of Hamlet and Saint Joan (Best Revival, OBA), The 39 Steps (New World Stages) and Rooms: a rock romance. Meredith is the Producing Director of The Assembly, and a Sr. Management Associate with Aaron Grant Theatricals in New York City. She has taught elements of producing for theatre at Texas Wesleyan University, Scottsdale Community College and spoken at The Commercial Theatre Institute, the Educational Theatre Association, The International Fringe Festival, and Theatre Resources Unlimited. To learn more about In Corpo and The Assembly: www.AssemblyTheater.org. Follow Meredith on FB/Twitter: @TheaterZen. Instagram: @BackyardstoBroadway
Terms and Conditions: Click here to read the Masterclass PRO Terms and Conditions
Date & Time
Mon, Jul 10, 2023 7:15 PM - 9:15 PM