We inspire cooks one class at a time
What You Will Learn
We are excited to welcome Michelin-starred, multi-award winning restaurateur Robert Wiedmaier to the NTTC kitchen. This West German born, Belgian-American chef was named, among many other things, Washington's Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington in 2009. Don’t be intimidated by his accolades, however – he’s also an avid hunter and rides his Harley every chance he gets! In this special class, Chef Robert will divulge some of his secrets to take your cooking to the next level.
Menu & Chef-Selected Wine Pairing
Amuse Bouche ~ Puff Pastry of Foie Gras Mousse and Fig
Paired with Diatom Chardonnay
Wild Mushroom Risotto with Duck Confit
Paired with Maggy Hawk Jolie Pinot Noir 2020
Center-Cut Swordfish with Ratatouille
Paired with Yangarra Ovitelli Grenache 2020
Basque Gateau Fromage with Seasonal Fruit and Tarragon
Paired with Les Cadrans de Lassegue 2020
What To Expect
- Instructor: Chef Robert Wiedmaier
- Length: Approximately 3 hours
- Format: Demonstration. Sit back, relax, and leave the cooking to us! Watch as your Chef Instructor walks you through how to prepare each of the dishes. Throughout the class, your instructor may even ask for adventurous volunteers. Everyone will enjoy all the menu items created during the demonstration.
- Restrictions: Ages 21 and older.
All guests will receive 10% off any scheduled public class(es) purchased that evening.
- General Admission
- Gratuity not included in ticket price.
- Allergies: We will attempt to accommodate any medical allergies with advance notice. Please note: this is a heavy seafood menu.
- Please indicate allergies when completing ticket purchase.
No Thyme to Cook: Stir Up Your Inner Chef
Date & Time
Fri, Sep 29, 2023 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM