We inspire cooks one class at a time
What You Will Learn
King cake is a New Orleans tradition served from Three Kings Day through Fat Tuesday (or anytime you want a slice of this delicious cake!). It’s made of a rich, brioche dough with a wide array of fillings, such as cinnamon, chocolate, pecans, candied cherries, and/or cream cheese, and is sprinkled with purple, green, and gold sugar. Inside is a tiny plastic baby—whoever gets the slice with the baby is declared king for the day. Most importantly, the king gets to host next year’s party!
- King's Cake
- Complimentary Coffee & Hot Tea
What To Expect
Great baking is about more than just recipes—it's about celebrating pastry experiences with a foodie community.
- Instructor: Chef Alex
- Length: Approximately 3 hours
- Format: Demonstration. Class will be taught by the instructors, with the opportunity for class members to be invited into the kitchen and assist with certain portions of the recipes. Everyone in the class will be able to enjoy the menu items made at the conclusion of the demonstration.
- Restrictions: Ages 16 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
All students will receive 10% off any scheduled public class(es) purchased that evening.
- General Admission: Arrive at the start of class.
- The bar will be closed for this morning baking class.
- Allergies: We will attempt to accommodate any true medical allergy with advance notice. Please indicate allergies when completing ticket purchase.
- Allergy Restrictions: Unfortunately, there are no gluten, egg, and dairy allergy alternatives for this menu.
No Thyme to Cook: Stir Up Your Inner Chef
Date & Time
Sat, Feb 10, 2024 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM