We inspire cooks one class at a time
What You Will Learn
Oysters are synonymous with Southern Maryland! Whether you’re a connoisseur looking to expand your oyster repertoire, or slightly intimidated by these shellfish, this class will open your eyes to yummy ways to prepare these delicacies. Our favorite waterman will join us to talk about harvesting and shucking techniques as well!
- Oyster on the Half Shell with a Pear-Thyme Mignonette Sauce
- Crispy Buffalo Fried Oysters with Maytag Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Poached Oysters & Wild Mushrooms in a Champagne Cream Sauce
What To Expect
We'll have our favorite waterman on hand to talk harvesting techniques and share his special brand of stories!
- Instructor: Chef Gwyn
- Length: Approximately 3 hours
- Format: Demonstration. Sit back, relax, and leave the cooking to us! Watch as your Chef Instructor walks you through how to prepare each of the dishes. Throughout the class, your instructor may even ask for adventurous volunteers. Everyone will enjoy all the menu items created during the demonstration.
- Restrictions: Ages 16 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
All students will receive 10% off any scheduled public class(es) purchased that evening.
- General Admission: Arrive up to one hour before the start of class.
- Premium Experience: Arrive up to one hour before the start of class and enjoy a seasonal appetizer as well as your choice of one glass of beer, wine, soft drink, or water. Also spend a few private minutes with our chef instructor!
- Happy Hour: Our bar will be open for Happy Hour one hour before the start of class.
- Allergies: We will attempt to accommodate any true medical allergy with advance notice. Please indicate allergies when completing ticket purchase.
- Allergy Restrictions: Unfortunately, for this menu seafood allergies cannot be accommodated.
No Thyme to Cook: Inspiring Cooks One Class at a Time.
Date & Time
Wed, Feb 21, 2024 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM