Find more Cove Mountain Bakery Events
Interested in learning more about decorated sugar cookies?! Sugar Cookie Classes are here to help! In this 2-hour long class, we'll cover the basics of sugar cookies, you'll get our royal icing and cookie recipe, and we'll talk about how to strategize the best ways to decorate sugar cookies! Everything you'll need is provided at class.
You'll leave class with a great understanding of the basics of sugar cookies plus a few cool techniques we'll cover in class! More details on refunds, credits, and FAQs are below - looking forward to having you with us!
What is Included with your ticket?
- One beverage of choice from Drifters Café menu.
- Six baked undecorated sugar cookies.
- Royal Icings.
- Practice Sheet
- Cookies scribe to use during class.
About the Sugar Cookie Class!
This class is for the beginner cookier or for the person who is just curious about what cookie decorating is all about! If you have limited experiences with sugar cookies, found yourself frustrated with royal icing, or if you're trying to have fun with the family or friends, this is the class for you! We will be doing a fun Christmas theme set that tastes amazing and will look even better once you’ve completed your decorating!
We provide everything you will need from cookies, icing, sprinkles, and a box to take your awesome creations home in - we just need YOU!
This class is on Thursday December 8th from 6:00pm to 8:00 pm so we can have enough time to decorate and ask questions along the way. Come by yourself, bring your best friend, or bring the family - we have seating up to 10 people! It's a blast whether you're coming with a friend, family member, or solo!
This class is perfect for ages 8+, but if you'd like to leave the kiddos at home, purchase an add-on kit! The kits are great for kids at home, plus - we'll send you the class PowerPoint so you can teach them yourself!
The class will be held in Wardensville located at 50 West Main, Wardensville, West Virginia 26851. Street parking and public parking is available.
What will I be doing in the class?
- Besides having the most fun ever? We will be going over some cookie facts, decorating techniques and you will be decorating your very own set of cookies that you will take home with you that day.
Can I purchase an additional take-home kit?
- Yes! Many parents or practicing cookiers purchase additional class kits to take home and re-do the classes. You can purchase an add-on kit during check-out. Your kit will be available at the end of your class - so don't forget it!
Do I need to know how to bake?
- Nope! We will have the cookies pre-made for you and will give you the recipe in an email after class so you can create your own on your own!
What will we learn in class?
- You’ll learn what goes into preparing royal icing, the value of different icing consistencies, how to color icing, and tricks to fill piping bags (believe me, it’s harder than it looks). You’ll also learn different decorating techniques, which will vary depending on the class.
What do I need to bring?
- Nothing! Everything will be provided for you including our rather tasty sugar cookies. All you need to do is join us and have fun! Messy decorator? You can bring your own apron or just wear easy-to-wash clothing.
What age is best for cookie classes?
- Our classes are for almost any age! From youngsters to grandparents - come on in and have some cookie fun with us! Our in-person classes are great for any age; however, kiddos under 12 will need a parent taking the class as well. If you think your child may be too young to enjoy the in-person class, purchase an additional take-home kit!
Can just my child take the class?
- We ask that all parents also attend the classes with their children under 12. For children over 12, you can drop off your child to take the class and return to pick-up in 2 hours. We do not have room for parents to stand by and watch their children in class. So unfortunately, no - your child cannot take the class alone, a parent must also purchase a ticket and take the class as well - but we can promise you this - it's super fun for all involved!
What will I bring home?
- By the end of the class, you will have created a set of 6 gorgeous cookies ready to dry for 24-48 hours in their own box. And of course, you’ll have new skills, memories, and fun!
Can I sign up as an individual or as a group?
- You can sign up either as an individual, with a friend, or with a whole group. The more the merrier! We are limited to a total of 10 seats per class, so definitely sign up ASAP!
I signed up for a class but can't make it?
- :( We understand that life happens so that’s why we allow you to cancel up to 5 days before the class. You can always transfer your spot to a friend though (and what a nice friend you are). Any cancelation after the 5 days will be a class credit redeemable for up to 1 year from the credit issue date.
Add a Sugar Cookie Class Kit to your Order!
Order your sugar cookie class kit and take the class home with you to teach a child or friend! Our class kits come with everything you'll use in class! Sugar Cookie Kits are created before your class and you'll pick them up and take them with you after class.
How long can a kit last? Depending on how you store your icing, your kits can last for a week or longer. Freezing cookies keep them fresh for a long time, but we recommend using your kit as soon as possible - ideally in the first week after you've taken it home.
Allergens: Eggs, gluten, and nuts are present in the kitchen used to bake these cookies and icing. Please consider your allergies before registering.
Simpletix Fees: Simpletix does not refund its fees. If you cancel your ticket for a refund, we'll give you a refund less the Simpletix fee - since we don't get this back either. Simpletix keeps it regardless of whether you show up or cancel. :(
Date & Time
Thu, Dec 8, 2022 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM