PS21 has two unique venues in one stunning building on a bucolic setting just one mile outside the Village of Chatham: a traditional stage with open air seating protected by a sweeping pavilion roof as well as an enclosed black box theater. Equipped with state-of-the-art theatrical equipment, PS21 is able to accommodate a wide range of works by today's most brilliant artists in dance, theater and music.
Join us for V and Water by the Mark Morris Dance Group, “the most successful and influential choreographer alive, and indisputably the most musical.” Rachel Howard, writing in the San Francisco Chronicle, praised the company’s “exquisitely relatable dancers“ and called V “an instant classic and an affirmation of the human spirit.”
The Guardian included the work in its list of “Best Dance of the 21st Century.” The New York Times’s Brian Seibert has described Water as “a delightful, teeming world that leaves you wanting more.” V is set to Schumann’s Quintet for Piano and Strings in E Flat Major and Water to Handel’s Water Music. Both works will be performed to live musical accompaniment. Before the performance, enjoy a sumptuous farm-to-table dinner in the splendor of our apple orchards.
Donors who wish to join the Host Committee can make a contribution listed below. Please RSVP by May 20, 2022 to be listed on the invitation.
- $10,000 Director: For a table, 8 tickets - Dinner, Host Committee listing, preferred performance seating, and invitation for two to a pre gala exclusive event with the artists
- $5,000 Producer: 4 tickets - Dinner, Host Committee listing, preferred performance seating, and invitation for two to a pre gala exclusive event with the artists
- $2,500 Ensemble: 2 tickets - Dinner and Host Committee listing
- $1,000 Supporting Cast: 1 person – Dinner and Host Committee listing
- $250: Sponsor an Artist to attend the gala! Your additional gift will enrich our gala evening with the inclusion of artists from our community.
A portion of your contribution will be a non tax-deductible donation.
All proceeds of the Gala in the Orchards will help underwrite the productions of performances that bring community together and support the maintenance of our beautiful landscape and buildings. For more information about the Host Committee, you can reach the PS21 Gala Benefit Chair Leslie Lassiter or PS21 Development Director Liz Broadfoot at email@example.com; tel. 518-392-6121.
Date & Time
Fri, Aug 5, 2022 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM