Find more MCS Events
This training provides staff with operational, medicinal, and customer experience knowledge needed to work in a medical dispensary.
The Mississippi Department of Revenue and METRC provides 3hrs of training. The DOR requires a successful completion of 5 additional hours of continuing education units (CEUs) in order to begin employment in a licensed cannabis operation in Mississippi, as well as an additional 5hrs of CEUs, annually. We work with licensed and aspiring licensee holders to provide engaging, rigorous training. This training satisfies the initial 8hr requirement.
Participants will engage in an 5hr course developed in accordance with Dispensary Technician/Budtender best practices. We put compliance at the forefront to ensure all workers understand the purpose and regulatory procedures associated with the job. Using hands-on activities (no products), discussions, and scenarios, students will complete eight modules of in-person coursework, with an accompanying final exam.
Our Modules Cover the Following:
- The Dispensary Technician/Budtender Role and Responsibilities
- Patient Health and Safety
- Product Knowledge & Education: Flower, Cannabinoids, Terpenes, Concentrates, Edibles & Topicals
- Rules for Patients: Medical Cards + MMCEUs
- Licensing & The Dispensary: Dispensary Layout + Security
- Compliant Sales: Sales Flow + Loss Prevention
- Operations & Compliance: Labeling/Packaging, METRC & Violations
Our Training Package Includes:
- 5 hours of rigorous training with cannabis professionals such as: experienced managers, owners, industry consultants, and attorneys.
- Verifiable Printed and Digital Certification of Completion & Certifying Letter
- LinkedIn Badge
- Added to our Private Alumni FB Group
- Alumni Newsletter
- Enrollment in our Student Loyalty Program (discounts on future trainings)
- Printed Student Workbook
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is there a final exam?
Yes, at the end of the modules, we proctor a live, final exam. Students will need to earn 80% or higher to obtain the course certificate. Students are allowed to take the exam multiple times, at different times if needed.
2. Do I need to bring a valid ID to training?
Yes, you will need to bring a valid, state ID for age and verification purposes.
3. Do you offer refunds if I cannot make the class after purchasing a seat?
Our courses are non-refundable; however, we do work with students to ensure you are able to use that credit to enroll in a future course of your choosing.
4. Do you offer online courses?
Yes, our Cultivation Technician training is available in online format. This course can be added as an add-on at a discounted rate.
5. Where are you based?
We are a Mississippi-based education and training company. Our HQ is located in Jackson Mississippi but we frequently host RoadShows around the state.
Advertising Statement: shorturl.at/amvx6
Date & Time
Fri, Feb 17, 2023 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM