Find more Humanist Explorer Events
Get tickets to all 5 Exploring Positive Humanism sessions with this pass.
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023 -Session 1: An Introduction to Positive Humanism
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023 - Session 2: Promoting Human Flourishing Through Positive Humanism
- Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023 - Session 3: Positive Humanism as a Moral Foundation
- Thursday, March 2, 2023 - Session 4: The Freewill Problem
- Thursday, March 9, 2023 - Session 5: Being a Positive Humanist
Are you looking to take a deep dive into the world of humanism and its relevance? We're kicking off a 5-part mini-series examining positive humanism. Positive humanism is a humanistic philosophy based on the scientific findings of positive psychology. It focuses on personal, professional, and societal flourishing.
This isn't a lecture mini-series; we've designed each section to explore a particular facet of positive humanism and engage in a facilitated conversation to learn from each other's perspectives. Here's how the format works: facilitators provide background information on the evening's topic. Once we're all working from a similar understanding, a guided discussion encourages participants to share their experiences and engage in dialogue to gain a deeper understanding.
What to Expect:
- An exploration series is part lecture, part facilitated conversation, and completely focused collective learning. Our experiences have shaped who we are and how we view the world – an exploration series creates a space for us to learn from each. During an exploration, facilitators provide background information on the evening's topic - this is followed by a guided discussion that encourages participants to share their experiences and engage in dialogue to gain a deeper understanding.
- 6:00 PM - Socialize with other humanists over dinner & drinks
- 6:45 PM - Exploration series begins
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we, as the Humanist Explorer community, pledge to socialize, learn, and collaborate in a respectful and constructive manner. All participants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct at Humanist Explorer events.