Our Wonderful Mushroom Farmer - Terry Vaz takes over The Room!
Join Terry & Jade on a tantalizing journey as we explore the mysteries of mushrooms. Expect a full-on sensory experience as they indulge into the fascinating world of fungi, from exploring spores, to mycelium, to fruit, to tasting cooked mushrooms served with Reishi Ceremonial Mushroom tea and Lions Mane IPA and few other fungi goodies!
The Workshop will cover the following:
- Life cycle of Fungi. (Spore to Mycelium)
- Mushrooms from an Ecological perspective.
- Mushrooms in the Wild and their importance.
- A look at few local endangered fungi species. (could we word this better)
- Cultivating mushrooms sustainably - An urban farmer's circular perspective.
- Spent Mushroom Substrate and how it impacts soil health (TBA)
Whats included: Interactive talks and activities, mushroom farm tour and sampling of fungi based food and beverages.