The Brighton & Hove Food Partnership's Community Kitchen is a cookery school where everyone can cook, learn new skills and enjoy food with others. We want everyone to experience the benefits of cooking and eating together. By paying for a cookery class, you help other people to attend cookery activities, regardless of finance, confidence or ability, and to make lasting changes to their lives.
Learn the secrets behind delicious, stress-free canapés, snacks and dips from former private chef to the stars, Emiliano Amore.
In this class you will assemble at least five get-ahead recipes, as well as learn chef’s tips so you can build a canapé repertoire to please all your guests – while ensuring you have the time to have fun with them too. During the class, many ingredients will be pre-prepared to ensure we can make the maximum variety of dishes, but rest assured you will receive all the recipes to make these quick and tasty dishes at home.
Sit down at the end of the class to enjoy your creations together (or take your goodies home to impress some guests the day after!)
Sample recipes include:
- Mini savoury Mille-feuille with mushroom cream
- Turkey mousse & cranberry mini canape with crunchy chicken skin granola
- Blinis with dill marinated herring and caramelized onions
- Brie and Cranberry pastry twists
- Oatcakes with stilton, damson jam and spiced apple
Dietary information: This class is adaptable for vegetarian diets but cannot be made dairy-free. If you are gluten-free please contact us before booking and this must be specified on the booking. For any other allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- a selection of canapes to eat at the end of the session, feel free to bring your own drinks to enjoy alongside (if you prefer you may package your canapes to takeaway, in which case the class would end around half an hour earlier)
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Date & Time
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm