The Brighton & Hove Food Partnership's Community Kitchen is a cookery school where everyone can cook, learn new skills and enjoy food with others. We want everyone to experience the benefits of cooking and eating together. By paying for a cookery class, you help other people to attend cookery activities, regardless of finance, confidence or ability, and to make lasting changes to their lives.
Create a festive centrepiece to remember! Experienced pâtisserie tutor and Kitchen favourite Charlotte Fuller is the guide as you bake and construct a show-stopping dessert with seasonal fillings and decorations.
- Learn the secrets of creating homemade Brandy Alexander Cocktail which you'll use for the filling in your yule log (or a non-alcoholic alternative if preferred, please note when booking).
- Bake the lightest chocolate genoise sponge, alongside creating a whipped ganache filling and cherry compote.
- Finish with a sip of your very own Brandy Alexander Cocktail as you decorate your rolled centrepiece with everything from meringue to real holly leaves to homemade chocolate bark.
- Package it to take home and enjoy.
What previous participants on Charlotte's classes said: "I learned so much. I'm so impressed with what I made." "I really liked Charlotte! She is a great teacher - makes everyone feel very relaxed and always on hand with help and tips." "Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, great event."
Find out more about Charlotte and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
Dietary information: The menu for this class contains eggs and gluten. This class can be adapted to be Gluten free and Dairy free, this must be specified when booking. Please note this class is not suitable for vegans. For any allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session and a glass of Brandy Alexander
- your baked goods, boxed to takeaway
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, our local community and our wider environment.
Date & Time
Sun, Dec 10, 2023 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm