Create a fused glass lighted window box in a design of your choosing. Sample designs will be provided including birds on a wire, trees or a flower garden. This is a 2-part project. Part 1 will involve cutting and assembling your glass piece. After completing your glass assembly, your piece will be fused in the kiln (an 8-hour process). You will return for part 2 during any open studio day and time to insert the lights and glue together your frames. This project takes a few days but is worth the wait!
All classes begin with instruction on glass cutting, tools and workshop safety. No experience is necessary.
- Fused glass projects require kiln firing time, so please allow 3-5 days for pickup of your project.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age, or 15 if participating with a parent or legal guardian.
- Proper attire is required for all class participants. You will need to wear closed toe shoes, socks and long pants.
- Protective eyewear will be provided, but feel free to bring your own safety goggles if you prefer.
- Glass workshops require students to sign a waiver acknowledging and assuming the risks of working with glass. Each glass class will begin with a review of the safety rules and proper glass cutting and handling techniques.
Refund policy: We require a 48-hour (2-day) cancellation notice in order to issue a refund. If you do not cancel at least 48-hours in advance, no refund will be issued.
Date & Time
Sat, Jan 28, 2023 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM