The best value Christmas light trail in the North East is back!
Join us with family, friends, workmates or even a furry companion, for Illuminating Ushaw: Land of Enchantment. The place to be this festive season.
For the first time, Illuminating Ushaw includes the stunning interior of St. Cuthbert’s Chapel. Enchantingly lit and decorated, this unique experience will be an atmospheric and captivating highlight of the route.
Our gardens will be transformed by new art installations, illuminated features and decorations, creating a Winter Wonderland you won't want to miss including...
- Catching Stars - a dome-shaped artwork located at the centre of our gardens, filled with hundreds of suspended and illuminated stars, all designed by children from local schools.
- Three large scale installations by local artists
- Father Christmas gliding through the night sky
- Festive willow tunnel for little ones + much more!
Oh and don’t forget your phone! There will be plenty of seasonal photo opportunities along the way.
There's truly #SnowPlaceLikeUshaw to get your festive celebrations started!
Taking place on the following dates:
Saturday 3, Sunday 4 December
Saturday 10, Sunday 11 December
Friday 16, Saturday 17, Sunday 18 December
Given the high demand for tickets, booking is required for this event.
Please read the following ticket information prior to booking:
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Timeslots can be exchanged once purchased, but please be aware there is a £3 administration charge per booking for this. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
- You must arrive within 15 minutes of your chosen timeslot, unfortunately after this time period you will not be able to access our Illuminated Trail.
- Children 2 yrs and under do not require a ticket for the event.
- The suggested dwell time for our Illuminated Trail is around 1 hour, however there is no specific end time for your ticket. The Ushaw site will close at 8pm.
- Ticket includes free parking.
- Illuminating Ushaw is wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs are welcome, but please keep them on a lead whilst in our grounds. Please note, dogs are unable to enter St. Cuthbert's Chapel or Gift Shop.
You may notice dates for Illuminating Ushaw: Land of Enchantment have been amended, find out more here
Thank you to Urban Base, Hargreaves, Dere Street Homes and The Esh Group for sponsoring Illuminating Ushaw: Land of Enchantment.
To see our map highlighting everything for you to see at Illuminating Ushaw, please tap here
Ushaw Historic House, Chapels & Gardens is an independent charity set in a majestic estate of 500 acres, hidden for 200 years in the heart of the Durham countryside. A unique heritage and visitor attraction, our glorious Georgian and Victorian Gothic architecture and stunning grounds make Ushaw the perfect place for families to explore and enjoy throughout the seasons.
Discover more about Ushaw by visiting: ushaw.org
Find more Ushaw Historic House, Chapels and Gardens Events