The Ringwald Theatre presents
By Vince Kelley
December 1-18, 2023
Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays @ 8pm
Sundays at 3pm
All guests are encouraged to wear a mask in the theatre to protect themselves and others, but it is no longer required.
To read all of our COVID & Ticketing Policies/Updates, Click HERE
It’s 1967, and capitalizing on the success of her holiday album, Barbra Streisand is set to host her first Christmas special, Jingle Babs, live on TV! The only problem is that New York City is hit with a massive blizzard that keeps her guest stars from making it to the studio. The assembled staff band together with Barbra to ensure that the show will go on as planned (and hope for a Christmas miracle in the process)!
In addition to the hijinks on stage, at every performance, a different guest star will arrive at the last minute. The guest star will be a local actor portraying a famous celebrity of the time. The cast will not know who this will be until they walk on stage during the performance. Hilarity is sure to ensue as everyone must roll with the arrival, keeping the show going as best they can.
THE RINGWALD'S COVID POLICIES / UPDATES
The Ringwald is delighted to be returning to in-person performances and thrilled to have you visit us at our new home inside of Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center!
For the health, safety and well-being of our patrons, staff and artists, The Ringwald Theatre’s current COVID-19 policy requires the following:
- All guests are encouraged to wear a mask in the theatre to protect themselves and others, but it is no longer required
- The cast will not be wearing masks during the performance.
- The Ringwald will be cashless and paperless going forward. You can purchase tickets at the door with a credit card and virtual programs will be available via a QR code at the theatre.
- This policy is subject to change at any time, in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines as they may change and update. Please check back for our current policy before your scheduled performance date. theringwald.com
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE THEATRE IF YOU ARE SICK! We will gladly refund your ticket purchase if given at least 2 hours notice prior to the performance.
The Ringwald's mission is to engage diverse audiences through fresh, risk-taking theatrical experiences. Seasons will include productions focusing primarily on newer works, previously un-produced scripts, and innovative interpretations of seasoned classics.
The Ringwald opened our doors to our Ferndale location at 9 Mile & Woodward in May of 2007 with Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy and quickly became a mainstay of Detroit’s theatre community.
In a newly-formed partnership with Affirmations LGBTQ+ Community Center, The Ringwald will open their new home inside the center in the fall of 2021 after temporarily shutting its doors at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, despite a successful 14 year residency on Woodward and 9 mile.
Find more The Ringwald Theatre Events and Performing & Visual Arts events in Ferndale