The 2023 Louisiana Grand York Rite Session kicks off on Thursday, March 2, 2023 with a jam packed schedule full of Masonic education, business, and fellowship. See our full schedule, below.
Ladies’ dress for the banquet is formal (preferred) or semi-formal and for all other occasions business casual. Members should wear their uniforms or coat and tie as the event requires.
Purchase your tickets for all of the meals online using our secure payment portal. For those guests who pre-register, we will have a special check-in desk at the Session where you can zip right through and pick up your tickets and credentials without having to stand in the registration line.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT GRAND HIGH PRIEST, GRAND ILLUSTRIOUS MASTER, OR GRAND COMMANDER OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, please contact Cash Melville directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Accommodations at the Hotel Bentley or the Holiday Inn should be made directly with the hotel.
$109 for a single and $119 for a double available Thursday, March 2 through Sunday, March 4
Be sure to use Promotion Code: Grand York Rite
Holiday Inn (alternate hotel)
Be sure to use Promotion Code: "GYR"
This year, all members, ladies, and their guests are invited to a Thursday Evening Reception ($32 per person) with mini meat pies, voodoo crawfish rolls, boudin balls, mini egg rolls with sweet chili sauce, assorted mini croissants, fruit and cheese, cookies and brownies, iced tea, water, and a full cash bar.
On Friday, our Ladies will enjoy their own Executive Lunch ($36 per person) complete with with salad, seafood gumbo, fried catfish, hush-puppies, corn maque choux, peach cobbler, iced tea and water. The men will enjoy their lunch ($40 per person) of fried catfish, hush-puppies, baked potato casserole, corn maque choux, cole slaw, bread pudding and banana pudding, iced tea, and water.
Open to men and ladies, our Saturday Lunch ($35 per person) will feature a mixed green salad, smothered pork chops, Cajun rice dressing, glazed baby carrots, blackberry cobbler, rolls, iced tea, and water.
Finally, at our Grand Banquet on Saturday evening ($50 per person) members and guests will enjoy their choice of beef medallions with red wine reduction or chicken cacciatore, both served with rice pilaf, squash medley, dinner rolls, New York Cheesecake, iced tea, and water.
Please see our full Schedule of Events:
Schedule of Events - 2023 Grand York Rite Session
Hotel Bentley - Alexandria, Louisiana
- 10:00 a.m. - Appeals & Grievances
- 2:00 p.m. – Order of the Silver Trowel
- 4:00 p.m. - Law & Jurisprudence
- 6:30 p.m. – Welcome Reception
- 8:00 a.m. – Grand Chapter Opens (closed session)
- 9:00 a.m. – Grand Chapter Reception of Dignitaries
- 9:45 a.m. - Grand Chapter Reconvenes (closed session)
- 11:30 a.m. - Ladies' Lunch
- 11:45 a.m. – Men’s Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – Grand Council Opens (closed session)
- 1:45 p.m. – Grand Council Reception of Dignitaries
- 2:15 p.m. – Grand Council Reconvenes (closed session)
- 4:15 p.m. – Order of High Priesthood
- 5:15 p.m. - Knight Preceptor
- 8:00 a.m. - Grand Commandery Opens (closed session)
- 9:00 a.m. – Grand Commandery Public Opening & Reception of Dignitaries
- 10:45 a.m. - Grand Commandery Reconvenes (closed session)
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. – Grand Commandery Resumes Business
- 2:45 p.m. – Knight Crusader of the Cross
- 4:00 p.m. – KYCH
- 6:30 p.m. - Grand Reception
- 7:00 p.m. - Grand Banquet
- 8:30 a.m. – Divine and Necrology Services
- 10:00 a.m. – Installation of Officers
Date & Time
Mar 2, 2023 12:00 AM - Mar 5, 2023 10:00 AM