Find more Quail State Events
When Hayley and Josh dreamed up Quail State, they had no intention of opening a restaurant. Quail State was always supposed to be a bar. Then they met Chef Matthew Lee. Chef Matthew helped Josh and Hayley's dream of opening a quality neighborhood cocktail bar come to fruition. When the pandemic happened, Chef made sure Quail State could serve up tasty, clean food that matched the quality of our cocktails and wine. Chef has navigated the ever changing needs of a bar that remained operational during a global pandemic, and did so with all the grace, class, and love of a saint. And, sadly, the time has come for him to hang up his apron and focus on his family.
So, when Chef decided it was time to move on, we only had one thing in mind: throw Chef the best going away party ever. That's what this dinner is.
Merci, Chef is a special dinner designed by Chef Matthew Lee in collaboration with Heaven Hill Distillery featuring dishes he loved from his time at Quail State, fan favorites, and fun, never before seen dishes that never made it on our menu.
This event will be held on the rooftop on Thursday, September 1 and will include 6 courses with drink pairings for each dish.
5:00pm - COCKTAIL HOUR
6:00pm - EVENT STARTS
8:00pm - EVENT ENDS
- Uni Ceviche
- Santa Barbara Uni, Jicama, heirloom tomato, lime vinaigrette
- Heirloom tomato, olive, caper, burrata, basil, saba
- Lions Mane
- English pea and scallion puree, citrus gremolata, aromatic oil
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Smoked mozzarella, ricotta, slow cooked tomato sauce, basil, Parmesan
- Beef and Broccoli
- Wagyu New York steak, romanesco, pickled pearl onion, hoisin glaze
- S’mores Tart
- Graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache, marshmallow
Limited spots available. Must be 21+ to attend.
Date & Time
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM