There are four pre-recorded videos in this self-directed learning package with regards to General Radiography:
- Artifact Management
- Quality Control
- Dose Management Strategies
- Understanding Radiation Risk and Communicating This To Patients
These videos are expected to be extremely relevant to help improve an MRT's practice. Quizzes are also included at the end of each video to evaluate your learning.
Each video is approximately one (1) hour long and contains comprehension questions also. A minimum pass of 75% overall is required to obtain 4.0 Category A credits.
Upon completion of the videos and submission of test answers, you are entitled to a 15 minute one-on-one session with Jeff Frimeth, in order to review test answers, ask questions, or provide feedback.
- Artifact Management
- Obtain an understanding of what artifacts are and their clinical consequences
- Obtain an understanding of the various types of artifacts and to understand a general way to manage artifacts
- Obtain an understanding of various types of artifacts, including their cause, resemblance, and solutions to correct them
2. Quality Control
- Realizing the importance of keeping the patient at the center of focus in the implementation of QA/QC programs
- Identifying clinically meaningful parameters to be used in QC so that key performance indicators can be tracked appropriately
- Managing key performance indicators in a QC program (i.e. execution, documentation, and interpretation) and how they can be used to improve patient care
3. Dose Management Strategies
- Obtain a sensitivity for the philosophy of the process of reasoning behind dose management
- Discuss various aspects in order to incorporate effective dose management strategies
- Understanding how to manage exposure (deviation) index values for the purposes of dose management
4. Understanding Radiation Risk and Communicating This To Patients
- Obtain an appreciation for both the benefits and potential risks of exposure to X-rays
- Understanding current facts surrounding radiation risk to humans
- Obtain various strategies on how to communicate risk to patients
Link to videos will be provided upon confirmation of registration and payment.
Date & Time
Oct. 27, 2020 6:00 p.m. - Sep. 11, 2041 8:00 p.m.