We inspire cooks one class at a time
What You Will Learn
A Maryland tradition returns to NTTC! The official State Dessert of Maryland has eight to ten, super-thin layers of yellow cake interspersed with decadent fudge icing. Traditionally, watermen were sent off to harvest with the Smith Island Cake as a reminder that he was loved and missed, and to ensure him of prayers for a safe reunion. Come and learn how to make this treat and continue the tradition with your family!
- Complimentary Coffee, Hot Tea and Egg Bites
- Red Velvet Smith Island Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Smith Island Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Original Smith Island Cake
Complimentary Egg Bites, Coffee, and Hot Tea
What To Expect
- Instructor: Chef Muriel
- Length: Approximately 1.5 hours
- Format: Demonstration.
- Restrictions: Ages 16 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
All students will receive 10% off any scheduled public class(es) purchased that evening.
- General Admission: Arrive at the start of class.
- Our bar is closed during a Sunday baking classes.
- Allergies: We will attempt to accommodate any true medical allergy with advance notice. Please indicate allergies when completing ticket purchase.
- Allergy Restrictions: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate a dairy or gluten allergy.
No Thyme to Cook: Stir Up Your Inner Chef
Date & Time
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM