The Hiking for Fitness Series is back! Join us for the 8-week Beginner Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group's final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The hiking series costs $80, or free-of-cost for hikers with a 2022 ParkRx from a participating Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info. Please have your ParkRx available at the time of sign-up, as the number of ParkRx tickets is limited.
Below is a tentative list of routes:
1) Sat 5/7 -- White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 5/14 -- Meadow-Hillside loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 5/21 -- Spring Lake-Lake Ralphine loop 4.3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ Annadel State Park's Cobblestone trailhead parking lot. The nearest address is 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 5/28 -- Stern and Waterfall loop, 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet at the main lot]
5) Sat 6/4 -- Sonoma Valley Regional Park. [meet at the Sonoma Creek bridge on Arnold Dr.]
6) Sat 6/11 -- Vista Trail loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles, 700 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 6/18 -- Neptune picnic table, 4.3 miles, 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 6/25 -- Hillside + Vista Trail loop (counter-clockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
The group will be limited to 35 participants. Parking fees apply (note that a Sugarloaf Annual Pass is $49 and valid at Sugarloaf and Jack London SHP).
For more events at Sugarloaf, visit our calendar.
Date & Time
Jul 10, 2021 - Jun 25, 2022