Four County Players is proud to present...
PICASSO AT THE LAPIN AGILE
By Steve Martin
Directed by 'Derby' Thomas
Producer: Wendy Novicoff
Production Stage Manager: Laura Mawyer
Assistant Stage Manager: Mandy Shuker
Costume Designer: Tricia Emlet
Scenic Designer: Dan Feigert
Assistant Scenic Designer: Marietta Feigert
Lead Carpenter: Meg Hoover
Lighting Designer: Steven Reid
Sound Designer: John Holdren
Properties Designer: Meg Hoover
JOHN BAKER as The Visitor
ANDY DAVIS as Pablo Picasso
DREA DYER as The Countess
STEPHANIE FINN as Germaine
CHARLIE GILLIAM as Albert Einstein
NICK HAGY as Freddy
HAROLD LANGSAM as Gaston
STEPHANIE OWEN as Suzanne / Admirer
JOHN WHARTON as Charles Dabernow Schmendiman
ROBERT WRAY as Sagot
ABOUT THE PLAY:
Originally scheduled for October 2020, Four County Players is excited to bring PICASSO AT THE LAPIN AGILE to the Mainstage at long last! This long-running Off-Broadway absurdist comedy places 20-somethings Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso in a Paris cafe in 1904, just before the renowned scientist transformed physics with his theory of relativity and the celebrated painter set the art world afire with cubism. In his first comedy for the stage, popular actor and screenwriter Steve Martin plays fast and loose with fact, fame, and fortune as these two geniuses of science and art spar for their fields, surrounded by a cast of supporting characters from the turn of the century and beyond. The anachronistic, self-referential, and self-aware nature of this one-act will enrapture audiences into thinking about the role both science and art play in our lives, those who inspire genius, and the philosophies that shape our world over the modern centuries. (blurb courtesy of Concord Theatricals and StageAgent)
NOTE: Contains explicit language and adult content. Parental discretion advised.
PERFORMANCES on the MAINSTAGE
October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16 at 8PM
October 3, 10 at 2:30PM
$18/adults; $16/seniors & students; $14/children 12 & under (see note re: adult content)
All Friday performances $10/ticket
IMPORTANT COVID PROTOCOL INFORMATION:
We are so excited to be returning to live, in-person theater with you! Our commitment to keep putting community before theater remains steadfast. Four County Players will continue to adapt and follow the standards of safety which make our performers, volunteers, staff, and patrons feel safe. As such:
- All patrons must wear a mask inside the building regardless of vaccination status. You may lower your mask to eat and drink, but should replace it over your mouth and nose when you are finished (between sips/bites is even better).
- All volunteers, theater staff, and production staff are required to wear masks inside the building regardless of vaccination status.
- The actors in PICASSO AT THE LAPIN AGILE, all of whom are fully vaccinated, will be performing unmasked. There has been additional distance placed between the actors and audience (we are not selling seats to the front row for this production). This is in accordance with guidelines from the Health Education Services' COVID Compliance Officer training and current guidelines from the Actors Equity Association.
- Seating is limited to about 40% capacity.
- When you select your seats (see website), our ticketing system will automatically space you apart from patrons not in your party. While we cannot guarantee six feet of distance between persons, you will not be sharing an armrest with anyone not in your party.
Four County Players -MainStage
5256 Governor Barbour Street, Barboursville, Virginia, 22923
Four County Players is Central Virginia’s longest continuously operating community theater. A nonprofit organization, Four County Players prides itself on producing high-quality shows that involve volunteers from the community and keep generations of audiences returning for years.
The Four County Players Mission Statement
To encourage participation in the arts in the Central Virginia community by providing opportunities for performers, designers, students, volunteers, and audiences to engage in high quality theatrical productions and educational offerings