We are excited to produce a California premier of John Minigan's moving playQueen of Sad Mischance.
John Minigan wrote No Regrets, which was featured in last year's Hindsight 2021 short play festival and we are so excited to feature a full length play of his this season.
Queen of Sad Mischance features the story of Kym, a biracial college senior who thinks that her new gig as a research assistant to iconic feminist Shakespeare scholar Beverly Norden will help with her own planned career in academia. Obstacles arise, partly because of Beverly's early-onset Alzheimer's and partly because Beverly's goals were not what Kym expected.
It won the Gold in the Clauder Competition for New England writers (2019) and the New American Voices Festival in Houston (2020)
* Health and Safety Protocols
• Left Edge has a total capacity of 72. We will operate at full capacity.
• All audience members must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination (vaccination card, copy of card or photo of card on mobile device)
• All guest must wear masks when indoors
• All cast, crew and staff members will be fully vaccinated.
• The performers may be unmasked but must be at least 6 feet away from the audience.
• There are no social distancing requirements for audience members.
• Concessions are sold and an outside area is designated to enjoy snacks and beverages
To prepare for the return of in-person performances, Left Edge Theatre has
• Invested in a UV light system for our HVAC that reduces the potential spread of COVID-19
• Developed strict cleaning and disinfection protocols to be used between each performance
• Increased cleaning of the lobby and restroom.
Date & Time
Apr 2 - 17, 2022