Fairy Tales Twisted, as Shadows Lurk in Ushaw's Enchanted Night!
Join us on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October 2023, this Halloween weekend for an unforgettable journey through Ushaw's enchanted gardens, where Fairy Tales have taken a dark turn. Venture into a realm where the Gingerbread Man has sinister intentions, where Little Red Riding Hood isn't as innocent as she seems, and where Goldilocks and the Three Bears harbour haunting secrets. From the twisted tails of Hansel and Gretel to the eerie lullabies of Sleeping Beauty, immerse yourself in a world where every tale is a nightmarish delight.
Affordable for the whole family, delight in the spectral performances of Activate Theatre. As you traverse the trail, be prepared to encounter spine-tingling portrayals of beloved Fairy Tale characters. And stay till the end, for the theatre troupe promises a finale that will leave you spellbound.
Embark on an all-new trail route this year, set amidst Ushaw's historic grounds. Choose from three time slots, each more spine-chilling than the last. Though designed for family fun, beware - the later the hour, the deeper the fright. Can you brave the trail's darkest depths?
Check out our 'SCARE-O-METER' below:
😨 Terror Level: TWILIGHT (5pm - 6pm)
😨😨 Terror Level: MOONLIGHT (6:15pm - 7:15pm)
😨😨😨 Terror Level: MIDNIGHT (7:30pm - 8:30pm)
Join us for a mesmerising evening, where Fairy Tales blend with phantoms, and Ushaw's grounds brim with both wonder and terror. Secure your tickets now and immerse yourself in tales as old as time, but with a twist you've never seen before.
- Date: Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October 2023
- Ticket prices: Adults at £10, Children at £7
- There will be no strobe lighting at this event.
Please read the following ticket information prior to booking:
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Timeslots can be exchanged once purchased, but please be aware there is a £3 administration charge per booking for this. Please contact email@example.com to arrange this.
- Ticket transfers will be closed from Friday 27th October at 12pm.
- All time slots are family-friendly, but as the moon rises, so does the level of spookiness.
- You will only be able to access the trail at the start time of your chosen timeslot
- You will be able to access the trail until the end of our chosen timeslot. Please be aware, the trail will be busier at the start of your timeslot, so please plan your arrival time accordingly.
- 15 minutes prior to the end of your timeslot there will be a special spooky performance by Activate Theatre. This will be at the front of our Main House.
- Our spooky performers will not touch you, we politely ask that you do not touch any of the actors roaming across our trail.
- Children 2 yrs and under do not require a ticket for the event.
- The Illuminated Trail will last approx. 1 hour.
- Given the high demand for tickets, booking is required for this event. Admission to Ushaw (Grounds and Gardens only) is included within ticket price.
- Ticket includes parking.
- Scary Fairy Tales: Illuminated Halloween Trail at Ushaw is wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs are welcome! However, they must be kept on a lead whilst in our Grounds.
- Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult over 18 to gain entry.
- Catering will be available during the evenings provided by Greedy Goose Pizzeria, including Wicked Woodfired Pizzas, Frankenstein’s Fries & Spooktacular Waffles. You can see the full menu here
🎁 To treat your friends and family to an Ushaw eGift Card, click here