In the spirit of a true scatterjazz situation, none of these world-renowned treasures of the New Orleans music scenes have ever before played together in any fashion! This Wednesday evening sound-sculpture will be fresh & funky, sophisticated yet sprightly, gnarly-good stuff.
Johnny Vidacovich has been spinning the rhythms of New Orleans since the mid-60s, and of course is one of the Very Few artists who has performed at Every Single New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival since its inception. His trophy-case of New Orleans awards is extensive, and he surely needs no introduction. This will be his very first public performance since March 2020, and it will be unprecedented. He has been a beloved fixture of the scatterjazz series for decades, where he requests and thrives on totally new situations to explore...
For this event, we have tossed into the ring two of the very finest:
Honduran-born pianist Oscar Rossignoli is an accomplished composer in jazz & classical musics, and a fearless bandleader and improviser. He has been one of the busiest and most revered players in the city for years, most notably perhaps as a member of the Extended Trio.
Bassist Kevin Scott had been a major cog in the Atlanta music world until his relocation here shortly before the pandemic. A member of the final incarnations of the bands of the late Col. Bruce Hampton, and also occasionally of John Maclaughlin, he keeps a very busy international touring schedule in the current groups of Jimmy Herring & Wayne Krantz' group as well as FORQ. More on his career as a musician, producer and tireless impresario can be found at www.kevinscottmusic.com
Please do spread the word about this very unique evening, and encourage your companions to purchase advance tickets to this capacity-capped event.
600 North Broad Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70119, United States
1) The showtime listed on the event is the time the show starts. Doors will open one hour before.
2) We have plenty of chairs and picnic tables but seating is first come first serve. If you want to guarantee a seat for a big event please plan to arrive early. We have ample and comfortable standing areas with plenty of room for social distancing.
3) You must follow our COVID guidelines or you will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
4) You must wear a mask when moving around the venue. It is still the New Orleans mandate. If you are “drinking” – sip your drink, then put your mask back on.
5) If we cancel a show due to rain, we will always refund your ticket. In the event a show is moved to another date due to weather, we will automatically move your ticket to the new date. If the new date doesn't work for you, we will happily refund you.
In a nutshell, if there's a show you want to see, buy the ticket and worry about the elements later(always dress accordingly though!).
6) Children 12 years of age and up need to have a ticket.
7) We have a full bar. No outside food or drinks are allowed.