She Kills Monsters tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio following the death of her teenage sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds Tilly’s Dungeons & Dragons notebook, however, she finds herself catapulted into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in the imaginary world that was her sister’s refuge. In this high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90s pop culture, acclaimed playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek and warrior within us all.
COVID-19 VACCINATION AND MASK POLICIES FOR THIS PRODUCTION
Per venue policy, all patrons over the age of 12 must provide proof of vaccination. MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS. Guests under the age of 12 must provide one of the following:
Proof of ONE dose of an FDA or WHO approved vaccine at least 14 days before the performance date OR
A negative COVID-19 PCR test performed by a medical provider within 72 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test; OR
A negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
Please be aware that there is sensitive content in this play that may not be appropriate for all viewers, especially younger children. She Kills Monsters is recommended for ages 12+ as it includes some mature language. The show addresses themes of grief, loss, homophobia, and sexuality, and contains depictions of fantasy violence in the D&D world.
Mankiw Theatre @ Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall
Tickets $20 -- General Admission
Arlington Children’s Theatre (ACT) is dedicated to creating quality theatrical events, workshops, and experiences that educate, inspire, and enrich the lives of children ages 7-18, their families, and the community. We produce a variety of plays and musicals each season and offer exciting workshops and vacation day programs that center on the educational process and the theatrical and interpersonal development of each individual participant.
ACT’s Mission Statement:
- ACT embraces by opening its doors to all who wish to participate regardless of background, experience, or ability.
- ACT enriches by providing a safe, welcoming space where children can be exposed to new experiences, different points of view, and challenged beyond their current selves.
- ACT educates formally through its workshops, programs and high-quality productions led by staff with years of experience and dedication to theatre. ACT also educates informally by helping give children the freedom to express themselves, and develop the communication, teamwork, and conflict resolution skills necessary to see a complex production with many personalities come to life.
- ACT entertains by creating excellent, professional-looking and -sounding productions that everyone can enjoy and be proud of: the ACTors, their parents, the artistic staff, and the local community.
- ACT encourages by supporting everyone in the ACT community and teaching them to be resilient, humble, and to persevere.
Find more Arlington Children's Theatre Events