2023 was spent reconnecting and reinvigorating Spark Tank, our Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. We're finishing out the year with our biggest hurrah yet on November 30!
- A special guest from the US Dept. of Commerce's Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) who will discuss their recent $2.3M investment in WNC! Learn what new support is available for entrepreneurs in the region.
- Mike Arriola, District Director for the North Carolina Small Business Administration, will chat with us about the latest in SBA policies.
- Meagan Coneybeer, NC Innovation Western Regional Director, will share updates about strategy and direction from Western Carolina University. Learn how building a culture of applied research and commercialization will bring more innovation, and tangible outcomes for WNC.
- Thom Ruhe, President and CEO of NC IDEA, will join to celebrate the newest round of NC IDEA awardees and get folks thinking how they can best support innovative WNC businesses to make the cut next round!
- Just announced: another round of funding has been awarded to support Opportunity Appalachia in 2024! I'll share updates on the WNC Opportunity Appalachia projects that received funding and support in 2022-23, and we'll start brainstorming projects for the next round.
- And last but not least, we'll welcome new Spark Tank co-chair Bob Rogers!
Please RSVP to let us know if you're coming, and then click here to RSVP for our Special Announcement + Year End Celebration next door at Devil's Foot Beverage Company (5:30 - 7:30 p.m.).
Ernest Co-Warehousing + Co-Working Asheville
135 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Thanks to event sponsors Mountain BizWorks, SBTDC, and venue sponsor Ernest Co-Warehousing + Co-Working Asheville.
Date & Time
Thu, Nov 30, 2023 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Ernest Co-Warehousing + Co-Working Asheville135 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, North Carolina 28803