Hi-Wire Brewing is known for producing approachable and balanced lagers and ales, most notably Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA, Lo-Pitch Hazy IPA, and Pink Lemonade Session Sour Ale, and it boasts an award-winning sour and wild ale program. Founded in Asheville, N.C. in 2013, Hi-Wire has three locations in Asheville – the Big Top Production Facility, Taproom & Event Space and the South Slope Specialty Brewery & Taproom are open now and the third is set to open in fall 2021 in the River Arts District – along with taprooms in Durham, N.C., Knoxville, Tenn., Louisville, Ky. and Wilmington, N.C.. Hi-Wire Brewing’s Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup award-winning beers can be found on draft and in cans across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama, Virginia, and Indiana. To learn more about the company, visit hiwirebrewing.com.
Stout Bout is back in action for its 6th year, and it's taking place at our brand new Hi-Wire Brewing RAD Beer Garden at 284 Lyman Street, Asheville, NC 28801 on Saturday, Nov. 20 from 12 pm - 5 pm.
Stout Bout blends a traditional beer festival with a blind tasting. From 12:00pm-3:00 pm attendees will be able to taste as many beers as they wish ($3/4oz sample) and cast a vote for their top two favorite stouts. At 3:00 pm voting will close, and at 3:30 pm winners will be announced and all beers will be revealed to attendees. If there is beer left, full pours will be made available to customers for purchase.
Pre-sale entry is $12 online ($16 at the door) and includes two beer tokens and a commemorative tasting glass. Additional beer tokens will be $3 each. One token is equivalent to one 4oz pour, and two tokens can be redeemed for an 8-10oz full pour after the winners are announced, if supplies last. For more information, visit us on social media at @hiwirebrewing or visit our website www.hiwirebrewing.com.
While we love puppers and kiddos, this festival is for humans ages 21+.
12 Bones Brewing
Bhramari Brewing Company
Burial Beer Co.
Cellarest Beer Project
Eurisko Beer Company
Fonta Flora Brewery
Hillman Beer - Asheville/Biltmore Village
Olde Hickory Brewery
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Sweeten Creek Brewing
Twin Leaf Brewery
Wilmington Brewing Company
Zebulon Artisan Ales
Beer Style List (*not in order of brewery list)
1. Coffee Stout with Maple Syrup & Blueberry 12% ABV
2. Blended Imperial Stout with Toasted Coconut, Toasted Pecans, Sea Salt and Vanilla Bean 15% ABV
3. Imperial Stout aged in Blanton's & Willet Barrels with Black Mission Fig, Vermont Maple Syrup, Toasted Cinnamon, Marzipan, & Madagascar Vanilla Bean 13.7% ABV
4. Imperial Stout with Cacao, Coffee, & Vanilla 13.8% ABV
5. Imperial Stout fermented with Hefeweizen yeast and aged on Palo Santo wood 8.5% ABV
6. Breakfast Stout brewed with locally roasted and house-made Cold Brew Coffee, Cacao Nibs, & Lactose 7% ABV
7. Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels 11.75% ABV
8. Oatmeal Stout brewed with Riverbend Malt House's Base Camp & Organic Chocolate 6% ABV
9. Bourbon Aged Stout 11% ABV
10. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pumpkin Stout 4.7% ABV
11. 6 hour boiled Imperial Stout with local Macaroons, Vanilla Bean, & Cocoa Nibs 12% ABV
12. Cherry wood fermented Small Stout with Coffee & Vanilla made with 100% NC malted grain 3.7% ABV
13. Breakfast Stout 7% ABV
14. Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Stout conditioned on Onyx’s “Monarch” Coffee along with Fire Roasted Bananas, Toasted Oats & Cinnamon 14% ABV
15. Imperial Stout with Coconut, Cacao & Vanilla Bean 11% ABV
16. Milk Stout with Lactose & Cocoa 6% ABV
Date & Time
Sat, Nov 20, 2021 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM