Join us for our first workshop series. If you are interested in learning more about the technical aspects of the theatre, this is the right place for you. There will be four workshops:
- August 5th - Set Design with Chris Bowling
- August 12th - Set Build with Ryan DeLeon
- August 19th - Lighting Basics with Dan Harrison
- August 26th - Sound Basics with Chris Barron
You can attend one, two, three, or all four. Attending all four gives you a 15% discount. Space is limited for each session so register soon. To use the discount visit www.cectheatre.simpletix.com and select "Special Registration." This will package together all 4 classes to give you the 15% discount. Specific session descriptions can be found below.
Set Design with Chris Bowling: Chris has created some of the most memorable sets in recent memory. From Rock Horror Picture Show to Addams Family and more. Learn with Chris about his approach to set design and how to make an actionable plan for set construction.
Set Construction with Ryan DeLeon: Ryan has been building sets in Columbia for over 5 years. You've seen his work at CEC, Maplewood and Talking Horse Productions. Learn the basics of set construction while building helping build the set for Rock of Ages, our 45th season opener. In this hand on workshop, you will learn safety protocol, power tools operation, and basic construction.
Lighting Design with Dan Harrison: Dan has extensive lighting experience and uses light to add to the story on stage. Learn the basics of lighting design and how we can use it to enhance productions. Includes tutorial on hang and focus, light board set up and operation. Get hands on experience lighting a production: Rock of Ages. At the conclusion of the workshop students will have the ability to sign up to run lights for a 45th season production.
Sound Design with Chris Barron: With an extensive background in lighting and sound, the community is fortunate to have Chris. Learn the basics of how sound works and the ways we can use it to enhance productions. Includes tutorial on sound board setup, mic placement, instrumental micing and board operation. Get hands on experience running sound for a production: Rock of Ages. At the conclusion of the course students will have the ability to sign up to run sound for a 45th season production.
Founded in 1979, Columbia Entertainment Company is now in its 45th season as a nonprofit community theatre located in Columbia, Missouri.
We are bringing a season to you that has a little bit for everyone!
Join us for the rest of our 45th Season: A Season of Favorites: Yours and Ours!
- Rock of Ages | September 7-10, 14-17, 21-24, 2023 | Directed by Ryan Stem and Enola-Riann White
- August Wilson’s The Piano Lesson | November 9-12, 16-19, 2023 | Directed by Saralinda Bauer
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat | February 8-11, 15-18, 22-25, 2024 | Directed by Michele Snodderly
- The Carol Burnett Show: A Series of Sketches | April 4-7, 11-14, 18-21, 2024 | Directed by Kay Cook
- Pippin | June 20-23 and 27-30, 2024 | Directed by Meg Phillips Crespy
Find more Columbia Entertainment Company Events and Performing & Visual Arts events in Columbia