The Brighton & Hove Food Partnership's Community Kitchen is a cookery school where everyone can cook, learn new skills and enjoy food with others. We want everyone to experience the benefits of cooking and eating together. By paying for a cookery class, you help other people to attend cookery activities, regardless of finance, confidence or ability, and to make lasting changes to their lives.
Join us for an evening of fresh and bold flavours in this Thai cookery class with classically trained chef Cat Rochefort.
Thai food is famous for its vibrant flavours and fresh and aromatic ingredients. Cat will pass on the secrets of achieving the distinctive balance of sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy flavours that are the hallmark of the best Thai cooking.
During the session you will work in pairs to create:
- Prawn Panang curry
- Pork Laab
- Mushroom Thai Spring Rolls, nam jim and a satay dipping sauce
Dietary information: This menu for this class contains nuts, gluten, seafood and meat. The menu for this class can be adapted to suit a vegan or vegetarian diet – please list this on your booking. For any allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session – you are welcome to bring your own drinks to enjoy with the meal if you wish
- a full meal to enjoy at the end of the class in our dining area (or to be boxed and taken away to enjoy at home)
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Date & Time
Fri, Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm