Find more Epicc Vascular El Paso Events
Why should I attend an IV therapy course?
To get the job you really want, be a better nurse, improve your clinical skills, and to set yourself apart.
The Principles of IV therapy course meets the mandate set by the Texas board of nursing for Intravenous therapy for LVNs. The course is provided and instructed by professional Vascular Access Specialist(s).
Who should attend?
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) requiring documented education and training for IV therapy
- New graduates entering the work force
- Nursing students starting clinicals
- Registered nurses (RNs) with little or no experience in intravenous therapy
- Nurses returning to the work place as a part of nursing refresher programs.
Criteria for completion:
Attendees must attend the 4 hours. Please arrive 10 min. before class starts. Please bring a valid ID and number of RN/LVN license. If you are a nursing student, please bring your current school ID or prove of nursing program enrollment.
- Nursing Practice Act and Board Rules
- Current and Latest Standards of Practice in Vascular Access (INS standards, AVA, CDC)
- Legal Aspects Related to I.V. Therapy
- Anatomy and physiology related to peripheral IV catheters
- Venous Access Devices- Review
- Venipuncture Techniques
- Management of Difficult Insertions
- I.V. Medication Administration & Fluid Management
- Central line education- care and maintenance
- Documentation guidelines
- Hands on lab practicum for IV insertion and care and maintenance of central lines.
- Demonstration of competencies in IV therapy and quiz
- Program evaluation and certificates
Date & Time
Fri, May 20, 2022 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Epicc Vascular El Paso
The Leading Provider of Mobile Vascular Access Services