FINAL TWO PERFORMANCES CANCELED DUE TO COVID
TICKETS WILL BE REFUNDED. WE HOPE TO RESCHEDULE THE PERFORMANCE, AND WE WILL REACH OUT TO TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY TICKETHOLDERS IF/WHEN NEW DATES ARE DETERMINED.
"Death is finding out what you are"
A new full length theatrical performance by Thank You So Much For Coming, and the culmination of a three year iterative investigation of cowboys, the American frontier, and the history of life on Earth. The play begins when Turner Jackson, a young cowboy, contracts yellow fever and dies on his way home from his first cattle drive. After death, he is met with a bombastic entertainer who attempts to guide him through the next part of his “journey”: understanding his historical and mythic significance.
The Cowboy is a Tombstone is TYSMFC’s final iteration of a years-long endeavor researching and making material about cowboys and the American frontier. Areas of research include the cowboy as a historical and mythological figure, the cultural and political role of the frontier throughout American history, and the geological history of the United States.
The Cowboy is a Tombstone was created by Scott Crandall and Maddy Rager, and is performed by Maddy Rager, Scott Crandall, and Jenna Kirk. Richard Newman is the consulting director. Costume design by Maddy Rager. Set Design by Scott Crandall, Jenna Kirk, and Maddy Rager. Sound Design by Scott Crandall and Corey Smith. Poster Design by Monty Etzcorn. Bug Costume by Monty Etzcorn and Maddy Rager.
This project was supported by Andy Arts | @andyartscenter
Run time is approximately 75 minutes. Performance begins at 8:00PM.
About your tickets:
Parking is available on Parkside St. Doors open at 7:30PM. There are no refunds for unclaimed tickets. All seats are general admission.
Should the performance be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, your ticket will be refunded.
Please let us know if you have an accessibility need or mobility concern and we will be sure to accommodate you!
Questions? Want to reserve a ticket to buy at the show instead of buying now online? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank You So Much For Coming was formed in 2015 by Maddy Rager and Scott Crandall to create performances drawing from their individual backgrounds in dance and theater."
- Thank You So Much For Coming is an ornate intricate stained glass iPhone case that says “WHERE AM I??” on the back
- Thank You So Much For Coming is a sentient Wikihow illustration for “How To Performance Artist”
- Thank You So Much For Coming sends gleaming invitations to our fun sparkly birthday party that happens every day and we are scared of getting older
- Thank You So Much For Coming brazenly stares down the stupid like a turned around athlete in the Bull Run of Pamplona and invites you to stare with/at us