Discover the rich history of the plantation and historic house on this guided tour. Property pass included in ticket price.
This one-hour guided tour is the most popular way to experience the historic house. Explore the histories and legacies of James and Dolley Madison, the Enslaved Community, and the Constitution as you journey through the landscape and inside the Madisons' home.
$36/Adult (18+), $16/Youth (12-17), Free/Child 11 and Under
Please note: If you are a Montpelier Member, use the code provided. If you are having issues with the code, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
The Tour at a Glance:
- one-hour guided tour
- includes indoor and outdoor locations within the historic core
- includes both floors of the historic house
- moderate walking and stairs included on the tour route
- tours operate RAIN or SHINE: wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing
NOTE: The free child 11 & under ticket does not apply to camps, learning centers, or other groups. To book a student/child tour, please contact Emily Stanfill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ticket purchase also includes all-day self-guided access to:
- Mere Distinction of Colour exhibition
- David M. Rubenstein Visitor Center and Museum Shop
- Madison Family and Enslaved Community cemeteries
- Annie duPont Formal Garden
- Mr. Madison's Temple
- 8+ miles of walking trails
- and more
48-Hour Cancellation and Exchange Policy
All purchases are subject to a 48-hour cancellation policy. Tour tickets may be cancelled or exchanged up to 48 hours prior to the date of the tour, Tickets are non-refundable within 48 hours of the tour date.
Date & Time
Oct 9 - Dec 31, 2023