Find more Musica Angelica Events
European holiday musical traditions are as rich and varied as their celebratory foods, whether the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve in Italy or the spiced biscuit Spekulatius found at every street market in German-speaking (and adjacent) lands during Advent. Pastoral themes and instruments decorate each country’s approach to expressing the Christmas story in sound, from shepherds abiding their flocks of strings to Bach’s use of a French Overture to announce the arrival of a king. Mulled wine and crèches not supplied. However, we are certain your auditory senses will be fully satiated with this wonderful music of the season.
Featuring Michael Oman, recorder, Laurel Irene, soprano, Jon Lee Keenan, tenor, and John Buffet, bass.
- Concerto Grosso in C Major, Op. 3 Nr. 12 “Pastorale per Il Santissimo Natale,” Francesco Manfredini
- Concerto for Recorder in F Major, IGS 25, Giuseppe Sammartini
- "L´augelletto in lacci stretto” from Didone abbandonata, Johann Adolf Hasse
- Concerto D major for Flautino, RV 428, “Il Gardellino,” Antonio Vivaldi
- Symphonie de Noël, Michel Corette
- Himmelskönig sei Willkommen, BWV 182, J. S. Bach
Date & Time
Sun, Dec 10, 2023 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
First Congregational Church of Los Angeles520 South Commonwealth Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90020