1) The showtime listed for the event is the time the event starts. Doors will open hour before, if not already open.
2) We do allow pets during the day, but not at night for music (anything after 7pm). If you bring a pet, please do not
walk around with the animal. Please keep them in your seated area if you need to visit the concession stand.
3) For any show under 500 people, per city guidelines, a vaccine card is not required.
4) Mask are not required but are encouraged.
6) Children 15 years and under do not need a ticket but do need an adult to accompany them.
7) Please do not park in the Broad Theater parking lot. We have parking lot for Broadside and plenty street parking available on Toulouse and Lafite. If you would like to be escorted to your car, please ask the Sheriff on duty.
8) CHAIR POLICY – we have 120 chairs available for seating in addition to many picnic tables. If you you need to sit in a chair, please arrive at least 30 minutes before the show. You may also bring a chair if you like.
THE SOUL REBELS
The Soul Rebels started with an idea – to expand upon the pop music they loved on the radio and the New Orleans brass tradition they grew up on. They took that tradition and blended funk and soul with elements of hip hop, jazz and rock all within a brass band context. The band has built a career around an eclectic live show that harnesses the power of horns and drums in a deep pocket funk party-like atmosphere. The Soul Rebels continue to chart new territory as they feature in major films, tour globally, and combine topnotch musicianship with songs that celebrate dancing, life, funk and soul.
Most recently The Soul Rebels wrapped up recording for their upcoming fall 2019 album, Poetry in Motion. The album will put the band front and center and showcase the wide breadth of musical genres and special collaborations that have come to identify the musically chameleon-like band.
“The Soul Rebels, New Orleans’ finest brass ensemble…” – VICE
“The Soul Rebels are the missing link between Public Enemy and Louis Armstrong.” -VILLAGE VOICE
“New Orleans’ top-shelf brass ensemble The Soul Rebels…wind-wielding wizardry of New Orleans’ finest.” – OKAYPLAYER
“Brace yourselves folks, these men are quickly solidifying themselves amongst NOLA’s proud big brass elite… and seem intent to sublimate the homogenoustones of the contemporary urban music landscape with the lush instrumentation of our culture’s root.” – OKAYPLAYER
“The Soul Rebels are rebelling against one, albeit detestable thing: starchy paint-by-numbers music.” – VIBE
Date & Time
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM