1) The showtime listed for the event is the time the event starts. Doors will generally open an hour before the listed show time.
2) We allow pets during the day, but not at night for music (anything after 7pm). Service animals are always allowed.
3) Children 15 years and under do not need a ticket but do require adult supervision.
4) Please do not park in the Broad Theater parking lot. We have a parking lot for The Broadside and plenty street parking available on Toulouse and Lafitte. If you would like to be escorted to your car, please ask the Sheriff on duty. You may also park in the Auto Zone parking lot if they are closed.
5) Chairs are provided for events with a seated element (movies, presentations) but are not out in the yard for most concerts. You are welcome to bring your own chairs, if you require a seat for health reasons or disability, please ask a staff member and they can provide you with a chair.
Performance begins at 8pm!
The Broadside is excited to welcome back movies to our outdoor space. This will be an extremely special screening of AKIRA with a soundtrack played live by:
Think Less, Hear More
lead by Kyle Poehling (Drums/Percussion) who is joined by a core group of musicians (Quinn Sternberg, Smokey Brown, David Ginger, and Will Feinberg) to create improvised soundtracks to movies.
The concept focuses on an approach that is more akin to spontaneous composing than free improvisation. While the players watch and cue off of the plot/movement/emotions of the movie there is no real effort to play the written score or provide foley for the movie.
The best way to enjoy this experience is to literally Think Less, and Hear More. Let go any preconceived notions you may have about the movie and experience the performance in the moment with the players and crowd.
Date & Time
Thu, May 26, 2022 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM