Join Cathy Hendricks and The High Heart Project (Chris Zimonick) for a 90-minute Yin Yoga/Gong Bath beginning at 6:00 pm.
Cathy will lead you through a variety of Yin Yoga poses while The High Heart Project elevates your experience with a gong meditation.
Yin Yoga is best described as a practice that targets the connective tissue, such as ligaments, bones and even joints of the body. Yin Yoga typically is performed on a yoga mat in variations of seated postures and due to the duration of holding the pose, it is a supportive mind/body relaxation practice. This type of yoga is for all levels and no experience is required.
The gong is one of the oldest instruments of healing and has been used for thousands of years in meditation, ceremonies, and rituals. Today, they are used in yoga and meditation classes, sound therapy practice, group gong bath meditations, and in palliative and cancer treatment centers to promote health and well-being. The gong is a psycho-acoustic gateway to heightened states of awareness and consciousness. It is an ideal tool for stress reduction, stimulation of the glandular system, and breaking up emotional blockages.
Benefits of Gong Baths
* Release stress and tension
* Clear out old patterns and blocks from your body enabling healing
* Brings you into a deep state of relaxation
* Increase your vital life force and improves circulation
* Strengthen your nervous & glandular system
* Strengthens your immunity
* Brings peace to your mind
* Awaken your intuition and access inner wisdom
No previous yoga experience is necessary. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing. Recommended donation $25