May 5th, 2014 - Posted in Uncategorized
What’s new in Version 3?
- Ability the the customer to have the tickets sent to them via SMS
- You can now pay for your SimpleTix hosting bill and per ticket fees automatically with your PayPal account
- Twitter Wall, if you set a HashTag for your event, we offer a url you can display on the a TV screen at your event so you can see live Tweets
- Ticket Window -a new pop-up window you can easily link to from your existing website, customers can complete their orders in this window without ever leaving your site. The Field of Dreams Movie Site 25th – just sold over 6k tickets using this.
- Ability to add tickets to an existing order – any type of ticket: flex pass, general admission, or reserved seat
- Ticket Kiosk – Touch-screen POS for customers to buy their own tickets. See video
- Easy Entry – A tablet app that allows you to scan tickets. See video
- Improved support for Datamax o’neil ticket Printer. See video
- A short Bitly url is automatically created for all events
- Create event wizard – much simpler the the prior create event page
- Support for the Prosper202 (Prosper202 provides pay per click affiliate marketers with leading edge self hosted ppc software! )
- Checkin.SimpleTix.com – a new mobile web-app to lookup participants and mark them as validated
- New role “seat tagger” so can allow a “seat tagger” to login and have limited access to just the venue settings and tag seats. No other reports or private data can be accessed.
- New role “check-in” a box office stay member that can just scan tickets. No access to any other box office features.
- New inventory report – for reserved seat mode events. See all seats – what is sold and what is not sold
- New bulk print ticket feature. You can print 1 page with 16 tickets. This allows you to be able to send a single PDF to a print shop for custom ticket printing.
- Ability to add donations to the shopping cart screen before checkout
In v2 per venue you set the “cut off time”, meaning ticket sales end X mins before the event starts.
Now in v3 you can set, per event level, if this “cut off time”, is X mins before the event *starts* or is X mins before the event *ends*. (e.g. if it’s a all day workshop from 8am to 5pm, people can still buy tickets at 10am now.)
- SMS / mobile tickets can be either barcode (1D) or RQ code (2D)
- Promo codes – ability to set how many tickets the code will be applied to. e.g. “Get $10 of 2 tickets for Lion King”. So if the add 4 tickets for Lion King only the 1st two tickets get the discount, then next 2 are full price. Lots of granularity: set per event, event time, or price/group
- Improved analytics- so which events are getting the most traffic, where they are coming from, and where they are
- You can set sub-titles for event price groups, like if the price groups is “Students” the sub-title you can set is “Must have an active student id”
- An event can belong to “multiple” categories. In v2 an event could only belong to one. So now a workshop on “Intro to WordPress” can belong to both: Writing as well as Computers
- You can set a different tax rate per event/product/membership. This is useful if you are in a country where different types of events would incur a different tag rate
- Easier to mange the items displayed on the admin panel of your site with drag & drop sorting
- We’ve improved the ability to clone a venue – now clones all sections, rows, seats and all the seat tagging
- Dynamic Real-Time Charts – as soon as someone reserved a ticket it’s instantly removed from the seating chart if any anyone else is viewing the page
- Fixed eTicket layout O – the layout that displays both banners: global and the “per event” banner
- On both the mobile site and box office site, the plus and minus buttons are easier to use
- Secret payment gateway passwords/security tokens are no longer displayed on the settings screen, you can enter and save them, however once saved they cannot be displayed again
- Ability to upload an entire venues seat inventory at any levels the whole venue, just once section’s rows & seats, just one row’s seats
- We now track “when” tickets are validated and “who” validated/scanned them.
- View all of your invoices and past billing statements from your account page INSIDE the manager’s panel, no longer a separate website
- View the current per ticket fees for the current billing period or any prio billing period
- Get a special price break on box office ticket orders
- If you are logged in to the admin panel, if you leave it idle for 20 mins, you will get a bank style pop-up to confirm if you want to stay logged in
- Ability to also search an order by transaction id, email, last 4 digits of credit card number, or phone number
- Recommended products was just for general admission events in v2. Now it’s for both general admission events & flex pass events
- Ability to have an event time or specific price group with unlimited tickets
- Improvements to prevent ticket order selling
- Performance for faster speed throughout the app
- Box office order lookup – you can also lookup orders by credit card number (last 4 digits), transaction number, and phone number
- We improved the sales report for recommended products per event time – now you can see the order, buyer name, and the products
- Venue calendar page, you can see a calendar of all the events at a single venue
- Reserved Seat Ticket list- adding to cart is so much easier now, just click once and it’s added right away
- All images are now stored on a CDN – with servers around the world. So if you load if you are in Ireland all images are coming from the CDN server in N. Ireland (not Virginia, US)
- We are now on the Microsoft Cloud – so if we see a spike in ticket sales, e.g. Thursday nights, we can increase the amount of resources our servers have, then lower them back down as the traffic slows down
What we removed:
- Promo code option of “Flat fee discount per order” instead discounts are just per tickets
Coming this May
- Card Present transactions – if you use gateways: Auth.net or USA ePay we can pass the credit card track data to the gateway if the card is swiped. This will give you a lower rate with your credit card processor on these transactions.
All of this for just $0.79 + 2% per attendee
Zero up-front cost, with a low rate fee of $0.79 + 2% per ticket. Seamless integration with Square, Stripe, Authorize.net, and more. And instant payment means no waiting for payouts by check.
Yes, ticketing can be this simple… With SimpleTix.