Find more Michigan Grape Society Events
For 2022, the Michigan State University Extension Southwest Michigan Viticulture Field Day is coming home! If you work in the viticulture industry, are a supporter of viticulture, or are passionate about all things grapes, you have probably been waiting to see what we had in store for this year. Well, wait no more. We have it all: food, fun, and great cast presenters. So bring your sunscreen, your best hat, your appetite, and your curiosity.
This year’s Viticulture Field Day will be Wednesday, July 27th at the Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center outside of Benton Harbor, MI. Check-in starts at 8:00 am with presentations beginning after 9:00 am. Lunch and a steak dinner will be included with your attendance. We will have speakers discussing the current research going on in Michigan viticulture, tips and tricks, and the newest tools and technology to help you successfully grow grapes.
We are still finalizing speakers, but here is a list of those we already know will be there to whet your appetite:
- Paolo Sabbatini: Techniques for successful vineyard establishment and replanting.
- Tim Miles: Update on automated disease detection system research and future research plans at SWMREC.
- Rufus Isaacs: Late season vineyard insect pests: Managing the ones we have and watching for the ones coming our way
- Michael Reinke/Kirk Babcock: Update on research looking at using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for chemical application in vineyards for pest and disease management.
- Greg Lang: Update on the SWMREC high tunnel warm season grape cultivar planting.
- Sushila Chaudhari: Update on SWMREC vineyard weed management trials.
As always, the tradeshow will have vendors showcasing some of the newest and best precision viticulture equipment in the area. Don’t forget about the famous steak cookout and Michigan wine showcase. Enjoy the evening socializing with the rest of the grape-growing community over some good food and local wine.
Registration for the Viticulture Field Day is online through the Michigan Grape Society’s new website. The $70 early bird registration deadline is July 21. Standard and on-site registration is $90.
Keep up-to-date on any changes by checking the Michigan Grape Society website or following the Michigan Grape Society on Facebook.
Questions? Email Amy Birk at email@example.com
Date & Time
Wed, Jul 27, 2022 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center1791 Hillandale Rd
Benton Harbor, MI 49022