December 6th, 2021 - Posted in Editors pick, Eventbrite Alternative
Tips for Communicating with Attendees
When you invest in event software, you want a digital tool that does more than just sell tickets—you want software that lets you build connections with your attendees.
The best event management software offers an alternative to Eventbrite that makes communicating with attendees easy.
Before an event ever begins, attendees need to know the key details about your event.
They should have easy access to information about times, dates, venues, performances and vendors, food and drink, parking, special discounts or ticket packages, health and safety guidelines, purchase confirmation instructions, and how they can get in touch with you.
If your event is cancelled or details change, you need tools to get this information to ticket purchasers as quickly as possible.
After your event concludes, good communication creates loyal customers.
Following up with attendees about their experience with feedback questionnaires, links to event content like photos or videos, and promotions and discounts for future events, can build a loyal customer base who keeps coming back event after event.
Digital ticketing apps can offer an alternative to Eventbrite and the perfect communication tool.
Whether it’s building an event website or promotional materials, customizing ticket details, or making email communication more efficient, event software helps streamline communication with your attendees.
Here are some tips to get the most from your communication tools when connecting with attendees.
Table of Contents:
- Info Your Website Should Have
- Critical Ticket Confirmation Info
- Giving Updated Information
- An Alternative to Eventbrite That Builds Connections
Info Your Website Should Have
When selling tickets for an event, your website is usually the first contact an attendee has with you and will impact whether they decide to buy tickets. They should be able to get all the information they need and navigate your page quickly and easily.
Event software should give you the ability to build your own dedicated event page to provide these details and sell tickets. Here is some of the most crucial information to include on your page.
- Times, dates, and location of the event
- Clear description of the event and why they should attend
- Contact info and an easy-to-find company “about” section
- Ticket information, such as bundle prices, early bird prices, tickets for seniors or children, or military discounts
- Health and safety guidelines for your venue
- Ticket refund policy
- Pictures and videos
- Social media links
Your event page should do two specific things: give attendees clear event details and make buying tickets as easy as possible.
Whereas Eventbrite’s software clutters your event page with their own branding and advertisements, alternatives should offer a clean, simple approach to promoting your event. Only your branding, images, and information should appear on the page.
Alternatives to Eventbrite should let you create unlimited ticket types that are simple to purchase from a single check-out page with the click of a button. Take SimpleTix’s Class Pack and Festival Mode, which make it easy for customers to navigate ticket options and buy tickets for multi-day events without having to check out multiple times.
Critical Ticket Confirmation Info
Once you’ve sold a ticket, you’ll send the purchaser a confirmation. This should include whatever info will make it easiest for them to arrive at your event, park, check in, and relax and have a good time. Confused attendees make for unhappy customers, as well as long lines and other slow downs when they aren’t prepared to facilitate a smooth on-site experience.
Here are the details your ticket confirmations should include.
- Refund policy and how to initiate a refund
- Health and safety guidelines for your venue such as mask wearing, proof of vaccination, and social distancing
- Directions to the venue, especially for rural or hard-to-reach locations
- Parking instructions
- Instructions for entry
- What is or isn’t allowed in the venue
- Any special instructions specific to your event
Event software should let you customize your ticket confirmation emails so attendees are informed and ready to enjoy your event.
Giving Updated Information
Anyone who’s planned an event knows to expect the unexpected, because things change quickly. When important details about your event change in the eleventh hour, you need to pass that information on to ticket holders quickly. Updates should be available on your website and social media accounts as well.
Make sure your event software tools give you the ability to send real-time updates to your ticket purchasers. With SimpleTix, let customers know they can easily update their own ticket information such as dates and times using the app, without having to call an 800 number.
If your event is canceled, you may need to let patrons know how and when they can receive refunds. SimpleTix’s partnership with Square allows for immediate cash refunds or Square gift cards.
An Alternative to Eventbrite That Builds Connections
When all is said and done, you want event software that offers more functionality at a lower price point.
Some features that make SimpleTix the perfect alternative to Eventbrite are:
- Build an event page that’s streamlined and keeps the focus on selling tickets to your event.
- Customize ticket confirmation details and easily send event updates and other important messaging to customers.
- Drastically reduce lines and wait times with our scan-and-go integration with Square.
- If an attendee forgets their ticket, you can look them up by name and check them in.
- Digital tickets let customers change their own details, freeing your team to tackle other customer needs.
- Social distancing and timed entry procedures can be built into your ticketing.
SimpleTix’s software gives you tools to build connections with your attendees before, during, and after an event. For more information about using SimpleTix, check out our website and our YouTube channel to help our clients get the most out of our ticketing platform.
SimpleTix has offered an affordable, premium event ticketing platform that outperforms Eventbrite and similar apps for over 12 years. Compared to the competition, SimpleTix offers better options at a better price point. To learn more, call us at +1 (855) 550-3670 or email us here.
All of this for just $0.79 + 2% per attendee
Zero up-front cost, with a low rate fee of $0.79 + 2% per ticket. Seamless integration with Square, Stripe, Authorize.net, and more. And instant payment means no waiting for payouts by check.
Yes, ticketing can be this simple… With SimpleTix.