December 13th, 2022 - Posted in Editors pick, Event ticketing
Getting More out of General Admission Ticketing
Different event types and venues call for different event ticketing needs. You may want to offer patrons access to VIP tickets, multi-day festival packages, or other choices for attending your event.
The right online event ticketing solution helps you provide the choices that are best for you and your patrons.
General admission is one of the most common ticket types offered for events. A general admission ticket gives event-goers the ability to enjoy your event at an affordable price point without having to pay for reserved seating. With event ticketing software, general admission also gives you a starting point to upsell additional perks and privileges for customizable higher-tier packages for online pre-sales.
Theaters are an example of a venue that commonly offers general admissions tickets. While there is a certain immutable charm to walking up to a ticket booth window and buying a ticket from a warm and friendly face, online sales are a staple of modern commerce, including event ticketing.
If part of your venue’s charm is offering in-person sales, you can get the best of both worlds. Online ticketing software allows you to pre-sell tickets digitally—that way, you don’t risk losing out on sales from those who don’t have the time to stop by and would rather buy remotely and plan ahead. Digital sales also let you sell tickets 24/7 instead of being restricted to the hours your venue is open during the day.
Here’s a closer look at how event ticketing software helps you optimize general admissions sales and more.
Pre-Sale Tickets: Why They Matter
Pre-sale tickets can help theater-goers ensure they have a ticket to the performances they want to see and that fit their schedule and preferences.
Ticketing software helps you maximize the benefits of pre-sales, including:
- Better planning and resource management. When you pre-sell tickets online, you have real-time reporting of the revenue coming in and can better manage your budget and resources accordingly. You can also get an idea of what ticket packages or add-ons are selling and adjust your approach to marketing and sales as needed.
- Convenience for purchasers. Event-goers like to plan. They may also want to buy tickets to certain performances or events at a place and time outside of your physical location and hours of operation. The more convenient you make it for patrons, the more tickets you’re likely to sell.
- More advanced marketing opportunities. Pre-sales using event ticketing software like SimpleTix lets you promote events using emails, promo codes, QR codes, and a personalized event and ticket sales page. Patrons can buy tickets and take advantage of promotions all from a single, easy-to-use check-out screen.
- Cash goes directly to you. Revenue from online pre-sales with SimpleTix goes directly into your account as instant payouts. This gives you more cash on hand to finance your event and the ability to plan how to best use that money.
General admission and other types of online ticket pre-sales offer you a dynamic approach to ticketing, so you can plan, meet patrons’ purchasing preferences, and analyze the data to make the most profitable choices for your event.
General Admissions Bulk Purchasing
With event ticketing software, it’s easy for theater-goers to pick the date and time they want to attend a performance and purchase multiple tickets for multiple performances. Bulk purchasing allows you to sell more to meet patrons’ ticketing needs.
For example, your theater may offer a show with several different performances. Each performance has multiple times to choose from. SimpleTix ticketing software makes it easy to select and change your ticket time, which makes bulk purchasing more feasible for those who want that flexibility.
Bulk ticketing also allows you to offer discounts for those who buy in bulk. For instance, a theater might provide a general admission ticket for $10, but they might give a discount of $30 for buying tickets to five showings. Your patrons just saved themselves twenty bucks, and you made several more ticket sales. That’s what we call a win-win.
Consider the world-class Guthrie Theater, which offers discounts to adult, senior, and student groups of certain sizes. This is just one example, but many theaters and venues are taking advantage of bulk purchasing options.
With SimpleTix, purchasers can select what showings they want to go to and, as a result, take advantage of your discount prices. Using SimpleTix means there’s no stress to changing timeslots—if something comes up, changing your ticket is simple.
General Admission Season Passes
For each artist, group, play, or other type of performance, general admission season passes allow people to attend each performance in the lineup during the time the performances are being put on.
Season pass holders can easily select the date they want to attend in the SimpleTix attendee app or when purchasing their season tickets.
Having the option of season passes makes attendees feel special and valued, which means they’re more likely to come back for the next event or performance and offer positive word-of-mouth feedback.
You can offer discounts and special benefits to season pass holders, as well as exclusive up-sells and multiple tiers and access levels.
SimpleTix: Event Ticketing Software That’s a Cut Above the Rest
When it comes to online pre-sales, marketing, and other event ticketing needs, the SimpleTix app provides the functionality and flexibility you need to get the most out of your ticketing experience.
Whether you’re selling general admissions tickets or any other ticketing type, SimpleTix meets you where you’re at and gives you the tools to sell tickets your way with a software experience that’s streamlined and easy to use.
Other key SimpleTix features include:
- A customizable event page to market your event and sell tickets with your branding.
- The ability to bundle tickets with merch and concessions and offer Square gift cards for tickets, passes, and memberships thanks to SimpleTix’s partnership with Square.
- Attendees’ contact info belongs to you, so you can keep them up to date about upcoming events.
- Reporting capabilities so you have a real-time view of sales reports, customer info, and more.
- Timed ticket entry, capacity limits, and social distance seating give you even more control over crowd traffic and health and safety measures for staff and attendees.
- Mobile ticketing and bundle check-in mean less handling of cash at the gate and a smoother entry process.
- Unlimited ticket types let you create the ticketing experience that fits your event needs. Offer early bird rates, promo codes, military or senior discounts, season passes and memberships, festival packages, and more.
SimpleTix has offered an affordable, premium event ticketing platform that outperforms Eventbrite and similar apps for over 12 years. Compared to the competition, SimpleTix offers better options at a better price point. To learn more, call us at +1 (855) 550-3670 or email us here.
All of this for just $0.79 + 2% per attendee
Zero up-front cost, with a low rate fee of $0.79 + 2% per ticket. Seamless integration with Square, Stripe, Authorize.net, and more. And instant payment means no waiting for payouts by check.
Yes, ticketing can be this simple… With SimpleTix.